Do You Ever Think About The Unthinkable? - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I don't really have advice of how to stop worrying except that you have done all the right things, so try to trust yourself it will be ok. For me, I have prepared all I know to do. I guess I just don't worry on a daily basis about things. I worry about accidents when they happen, and time for surgeries, things like that. I am sorry it affects your sleep. That's a lot of worry when nothing may ever happen. I know it's hard to just say stop, bec my Mother was a worrier. but if you let it, it can really take hold of you.
I have a file like others here, that I update from time to time and forward it to my family members, so they have the up to date info on my pets. Vet/surgery's/special needs/food/Meds/treats/no-no's for Maltese, and such. It's really easy once you get it going. My SIL will ask me from time to time, do you need to update the file?? so I know she is on board if there was a time she had to retrieve my dogs for me. I have everything I need in one cabinet to get to in a hurry, but I need to put together a emerg kit in one bag, it's in several at present.
xxxx

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Jasper&Dusty; Alvin,Winston&Angel waiting at the Bridge

We have a sticker on our front window and one on the door to the deck that says save our pets. Then it has a place to write in how many dogs and/or cats. Got them from our groomer last year.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Yes! I worry about all of these same things!

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo

I went to bed last night about 12:30 and it was after 4 this a.m. when I went to sleep. Needless to say, I have been really tired today! Thank you for all your uplifting comments. It is so strange--something I was thinking about last night--I didn't worry so much about my skin kids when they were growing as I do about my fluff angles. I guess it was because they could talk and tell me where it hurt and what they needed.

I talked to my hubby again today and he was very receptive to what I was saying. He told me one thing that I already knew but I guess I needed to hear it again in this context. He told me about the Serenity Prayer--to accept the things that I cannot change and just trust in the Lord to watch over them and keep them safe.

BUT that does not mean that I can't get some of those signs that you told me about!! Thanks--I feel like I have had your arms around me and given me great big hugs. I am so glad that I found SM--lots of good friends...
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement