Does this count as animal abuse? - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: Rocky

It sounds like abuse to me!!!!!

Rocky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: Rocky

Sorry, not mad at you of course, I am just mad that this goes on. I agree he should lay in the snow naked for hours! I don't understand why they cannot stop this man from doing this.

Rocky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

I stopped looking at that facebook page a few days ago as it makes me sick. I did though see that picture and I saw another picture posted of the same dog following a person in the snow. Does anyone know what type of collar is on that poor dog? I'm not sure about this, but to me it looks like the dog has a black box on his neck? I can see it more on the picture that is not posted here. There must be something that can be done to help those poor dogs. Anyone here live in Rhode island? Maybe you would know who can help.

Last edited by summer; 01-07-2013 at 12:17 PM.
summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka, Peppino and Tiny Tina

I have gone to some of the rescue shelters around here but they can't do anything about this. I was blocked from that guys Facebook page going back as I was supposedly harassing him about the choke collar and that I am an ignorant person blah blah blah
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

To me the expression on the dog is "detached." I think she has just gone onto herself, trying to just do what the jerk wants so that she won't get hurt. I think his #1 goal in "training" dogs, is to completely remove their sense of self and their personalities. He's teaching them to do as the human says in order to not get hurt. Frankly, I'd rather have my dog be a little "naughty" at times than to have her looks so "dead" inside. I doubt very much if he plays with the dogs or shows them affection.
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

It makes me sad too I've been going on and he makes the dogs lie for 2-3 hours at a time while the kids are playing around them all got shock collars of some sort. I French wonder do they get any love and affection especially the little ones who depend on love and affection so much. I don't go on his page as much as t breaks my heart
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

OMG! He banned me too! I didn't even comment that much on his stupid facebook page. Just now I tried to comment on his "remote training collar" video in which he states that it is not a shock collar. so I googled "remote training collar" and found this in the FAQ:
"Electrical stimulation from the collar is intended to distract your dog by delivering an unpleasant but harmless electrical sensation. Some people describe this sensation as feeling like the static shock you receive when walking across a carpeted room in your stocking feet and touching a metal cabinet. Is it unpleasant? Yes. Does it cause you harm? No. "
I tried to post that on his page, and request clarification, since that clearly says that it delivers "an electrial sensation simillar to....static shock." I got a "no permission to post or comment on this page.
Apprently only those people who worship this guy like a god are allowed to comment on his page. I have to say, that really pissed me off.
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kaitlin
Dog's Name: Sadie

disgusting. What kind of person could knowingly and willingly treat a poor defenseless dog like that? And what kind of person knowingly sends their dog to someone like this????

Like someone posted, I would rather have my Sadie misbehave occasionally and still have personality than have her be perfectly trained but devoid of any life/spark.
kaeco510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

I don't understand how the owner of that little fluff can stand to see her baby laying in the cold snow like that or how can she stand the look on her baby's face. It would kill me to see Pipper laying there freezing and looking terrified.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

It really is discusting....and outrages me. I don't understand how people do this to helpless fluffs. What kind of person would even send their dog to him for training...I just don't get it. I looked at his Facebook page and don't understand how people give him the thumbs up. How could anyone approve that a shock collar on a dog is a good training tool. I don't know why there aren't tougher laws for animals. What kind of world do we live in....OMG....