Please pray for Angel - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Daisy, Maxwell, and Henry, (and Buddy and Bunnie too), Grendel, Molly and Bunny in heaven

If they have such a limited grocery budget, they are probably feeding her really awful cheap food. The kind that has lots of corn and chemcials in it. That definitely could cause bad allergies or at least be part of the problem.
Sometimes just really good food can make a huge difference.
When we adopted our Lhasa, Buddy, he had really bad allergies and would chew on his paws pretty severely. He had been eating Kibbles N Bits. We switched him to a good food, and added fish oil, and it has made a huge difference. No more paw chewing.
I hope that you hear back from the vet soon with good news.

Daisy and Max and Henry
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: jill
Dog's Name: P.Dink
Send a message via AIM to chichi
Heart

I agree with the others. Keep the poor baby if you possibly can swing it.
chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

You have to do what is best for the innocent party here, the little fluff. While I don't normally believe in telling tales, just tell them your vet said the dog is allergic to something in their house and cannot go back there or it will die. Doesn't matter what the vet DOES tell you is wrong with the dog, just tell them the dog can't go back because it will get worse and die - and THAT is probably the truth. When a dog is in a dire situation and we can do something to help it, we just have to. Telling them that it is something about their house and not THEM, may help you maintain a civil relationship with them, particularly if you give them visiting rights in your home.

Some people should never own animals...
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
TLR
Maltese Guru

Name: Tracey
Dog's Name: Ben

Oh that is so sad. I know I couldn't take her back to a situation where she is being neglected. Hopefully your MIL loves her enough to let her go.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barb
Dog's Name: Spookie

Let the war begin!!! Call animal control if necessary. Animal abuse

Think before you pink
Do you know how the money is spent?
spookiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLR View Post
Oh that is so sad. I know I couldn't take her back to a situation where she is being neglected. Hopefully your MIL loves her enough to let her go.

I am so hoping that she will let me keep her. I honestly think there there is something in that house that she is allergic to. I asked her a while ago to stop taking her outside to see if keeping her away from the grass would help her. "It's too much trouble to use potty pads and they get expensive" was the answer I got. I'm not sure what kind of food she is on but I know it's not top quality food. The vet was in Roanoke VA today for meetings and when the plane took off, it developed some kind of problem and he had to take a different plane. He has promised me that no matter what time he gets in 2nite, he will look at her and begin the testing. I hope that she willl be ok. Please pray for her..
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

Abby, I'll be praying for you and for Angel. You know, I think I'd tell your MIL that if you hadn't taken care of Angel, animal control could have removed her from their home and charged them with animal abuse. There is no reason that this poor baby should have been let suffer so. None! The fact that they have money, or at least her husband does (I won't even go into what a *&!@ I think he is for withholding money when he has plenty) makes it even worse. Ugh! Makes my blood boil.

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Oh that poor little sweetheart. Thankfully she has you to protect her from this neglect. Bless you!

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo

It's about 10:45 p.m. here and I think I will go to bed. This has been such an emotional day. My furbabies have been quiet this evening--like they can feel something is wrong. Greg and I have been talking and if my MIL will let us take her, then we will make room for Angel in our family. She will make lucky #9! I feel sure that she will be released from the vet on continuous meds and that will make the difference. If they have to pay for meds, then they will surely not want her back. I will keep everyone posted tomorrow. Thanks for all the support! Again, I feel so blessed to have found SM and all of the caring puppy parents here. You are a blessing...
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Abby - wishing you the best for Angel. I think that they really didn't deserve to have her. You think that once a pup is rescued by a loving home things will be good but really, I can't imagine how uncomfortable poor Angel must be with her skin like that. I too wonder if they're feeding her cheap food that is causing her to react. Maybe it's a corn or poultry allergy. You might need to play detective. I hope she stays with you. You have a huge heart and yes, nothing's more important than our kids.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement