Please pray for Angel - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo

Good Morning..I heard form the vet this morning. Angel does have skin allergys and they have gotten so bad, that now her skin is infected. The vet saw her last night and again this morning and he gave her an allergy shot (depo medrol) and an antibiotic shot last night and another one this morning. Her left ear is also very infected from the skin infection. She will need an allergy shot every 2-6 months depending on how quickly the allergy comes back. (This is the same regiment that my Zoey is on--he has slight allergies. The 1st time he scratches-to the vet he goes.) It will cost her $20.00 for an allergy injection and $25.00 for office visit every2-6 months. MIL told me that she can do this and she started crying and said that she loves Angel so much and that she promised that she would never let her get like this again. I told her that if Angel does get like this again, then she will be MY dog. The vet said that we can pick her up late this afternoon. I don't want to let her go back but Hubby says to give her one more chance---Grrrr.
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Glenda
Dog's Name: Madison, Axel and Paxton
Send a message via AIM to Madison's Mom

I bet it is going to be hard to let her go back. I'd monitor the situation VERY closely.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Prayers are with you and angel. they do not deserve her. I would tell them that they are unfit to take care of her and you will not return her to them.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Poor baby angel take her take her !!!! Xx
Old 01-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

I hope there will be change but with her attitude not really sure. And again, the symptoms are being treated but isn't it important to get to the cause of the allergies rather than medicating. I think I would really check with her -- in her pantry, about what food and what treats she is feeding Angel. I don't think I would be able to give her back knowing how much she suffered without any help. JMHO

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Is it possible for you to keep her until she is doing much better? That could be a compromise---then you could make sure your MIL follows up w/the treatments every 6 months as a condition of her getting to keep Angel. I would keep a very close eye on the situation and let your MIL know that you are looking over her shoulder.
I would also talk w/the husband of your MIL & let him know too---maybe he will be willing to fork out the costs but I would not count on it.
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka, Peppino and Tiny Tina

I am sorry that you have to be going through this, but still kinda ticked off at the negligent behaviour of you MIL and her boyfriend!!!! I dont have tons of money but yet I still take care of my three as they are my responibility to the very end!!!!! just like you and everyone else here!!!! She and your husband are very lucky to have you in their lifes!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep us updated on Angel
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie & Lisa "Left Eye"

There is no excuse for this... if she had money problems, I would be more sympathetic, bu that doesn't seem to be the case here, it is just neglect. How terrible... I hope you keep a very close eye on this poor baby, and please don't hesitate to take her if she is not receiving the care she deserves.

My yorkie growing up had horrible skin allergies as well, if we didn't constantly treat him (he was from a pet store) then he would have ended up in the same miserable shape. Despite shots, pills, ointments, you name it, poor Tiger would still bite himself raw sometimes!

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Hope
Dog's Name: Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
If they have such a limited grocery budget, they are probably feeding her really awful cheap food. The kind that has lots of corn and chemcials in it. That definitely could cause bad allergies or at least be part of the problem.
Sometimes just really good food can make a huge difference.
When we adopted our Lhasa, Buddy, he had really bad allergies and would chew on his paws pretty severely. He had been eating Kibbles N Bits. We switched him to a good food, and added fish oil, and it has made a huge difference. No more paw chewing.
I hope that you hear back from the vet soon with good news.

Good thought, Kathleen. It is definitely possible that poor little Angel's troubles are related to a poor diet. This makes me super sad. They definitely don't deserve to get her back IMO.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

I am sorry and sad that Angel is going back to your MIL. Anyone that can let an animal suffer to that degree doesn't deserve to have one. I know your kind of in the middle her because its your MIL but I would intervene as much as possible with the care of this poor baby. She truly doesn't deserve to get her back. JMHO.