Please pray for Angel - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo
Default Please pray for Angel

Angel Baby is my mother-in-law's maltese. I think that she is about 6. Hubby and I got Angel for her from our local shelter and she has been a very spoiled and happy little girl until about 5 months ago. Angel started itching and scratching so MIL took her to the vet. He prescribed some allergy meds but MIL did not get them because she said that they were too expensive. Itching got worse and she took her back to the vet-another prescription--did not get it filled-too expensive she said. So now here we are. Angel doesn' have any hair on her back, none on her feet, her feet are bloody from chewing and MIL puts socks on her so she won't biteand her little belly is a solid mass of bumps. She looks so pitiful. When I saw her at Christmas, I went ballistic. I told them that I would mortgage my home for my dogs. Her husband (my Hubby's step-dad) is a MILLIONAIRE! yet he will not give her the money to get medicine for poor Angel. (He gives MIL $50.00 a week to buy groceries for 4 people) Hubby went yesterday to pick Angel up and take her to our vet. I called the vet and told im the situation and he is going to keep her for a few days to see what he can do for her. So here we sit, going to pay for Angel getting better and will have to take her back to the people who let her get like this in the 1st place. It makes me so MAD that they will not fork out the money to pay for getting her well. He has 50 times more money than we do but we are the only ones who care about Angel. I may not take her back to them. It will cause world war 3, but what good is it to get her well and take her back and set her down in it again? I don't know what to do. Any advice?
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka, Peppino and Tiny Tina

Ya the best advise I can give to you is take the dog and run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot understand why they would let this poor baby suffer like that................. so bring it on ( the war I mean) they dont deserve this poor thing!!!!!!

Any word on how she is doing????? does she have cushing's diease????
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese manica View Post
Ya the best advise I can give to you is take the dog and run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot understand why they would let this poor baby suffer like that................. so bring it on ( the war I mean) they dont deserve this poor thing!!!!!!

Any word on how she is doing????? does she have cushing's diease????
I agree! They don't deserve Angel Baby!

Furbabies mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Oh good grief. It also sounds like the vet did nothing but prescribe meds. I am so sick of vets just saying it is an allergy and take these pills. You are in a really difficult situation.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Daisy, Max, Buddy and Bunnie; Grendel, Molly and Bunny in heaven

Poor Angel. It sounds like it has become very serious. Did your vet think it is allergies? The poor thing must really be so uncomfortable.
It really is hard to fathom people letting dogs suffer like this. How can money be so important, especially to someone who has plenty?
I am glad that they let you take her to your vet. I would want to keep her too. It doesn't sound like they can be counted on to take care of her. If it is allergies, there would be ongoing supplements and maybe medication needed.
I hope that your vet can figure out what is causing the hair loss and that he can find a way to make her more comfortable.

Daisy and Max
Kathleen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Oh Dear My Heart Goes Out To You And AngelBaby! Please Keep Her. Ill Be Praying For Her You Also,I Know It Hurts. Be Strong And Fight For Her*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I completely agree that they don't deserve her. My MIL does love Angel, but these aren't babies that you can neglect treatment for. I thrid to tell her that in the beginning--even tried to talk her into getting a different breed-BUT no--she wanted a Maltese. Greg and I have talked about just keeping her. I hope we can. I don;t know what they have tested her for yet. The vet is a county commissioner and he was in meetings until 2:30 today and I knew he would be out of the office but we took her yesterday late afternoon. I couldn't stand the thoughts of her being in that house another minute. I have never had much money but what I have had, I would gladly give for my fur angels. I just don't understand people that could just sit by and let her get in this condition.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Laurie
Dog's Name: My Triple Threat - Lily, Addie, Jackson, Luci Mae at the bridge

I say let the war begin if needed. I hope Angel gets relief quickly. Please don't let them have her back. Stand your ground.
ladodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Poor Angel. It sounds like it has become very serious. Did your vet think it is allergies? The poor thing must really be so uncomfortable.
It really is hard to fathom people letting dogs suffer like this. How can money be so important, especially to someone who has plenty?
I am glad that they let you take her to your vet. I would want to keep her too. It doesn't sound like they can be counted on to take care of her. If it is allergies, there would be ongoing supplements and maybe medication needed.
I hope that your vet can figure out what is causing the hair loss and that he can find a way to make her more comfortable.
They didn't have much of a choice! I called her and told her that Greg was on his way up there to get Angel and hung up. She knows how I feel and I'm not going to back down. We have had a good relationship until now and what she does for Angel from this time foreward will determine how our relationship progresses. I will NOT stand by and watch this baby suffer for ANYONE!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Honestly I would not let Angel go back into that home. If anyone can watch a little innocent baby suffer and not take care of it doesn't deserve to have it back. Please think about what Angel would want....love and care and if she goes back to them she won't have it. Please, please don't let that little fluff suffer anymore.