Picking Up Rescue - Page 4 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #31 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Laurie
Dog's Name: My Triple Threat - Lily, Addie, Jackson, Luci Mae at the bridge

Lynn, that's so wonderful of you to take on Oliver. He's just adorable. How on earth did people turn their backs on that sweet face and walk away. I'm so happy that he will have you to love on him. I had never had a male dog until Jack, careful of their little charming ways.
ladodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #32 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nancy Wyant
Dog's Name: Mia
Heart

I couldn't foster because I'd have a hundred of them. I couldn't give them up. I think its wonderful this little guy will have a good home...bet you end up keeping him...LOL
nwyant1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #33 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

Your awesome!!!!!!!
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #34 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

Lynn you are truly amazing he is just adorable whatever you decide to do, we know little Oliver will be loved

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Just checking in to learn more about Oliver. I really am SO excited for you! I'm also curious as to what your Vet determines the skin troubles are from, and if new food would be beneficial etc.

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Oh Oliver is so adorable! I too can not comprehend how someone could have this little fluff for 9 years then abandon him. I hope your vet can find the solution to his health issues.

I have fostered many dogs (though not a Maltese) over the past 20 years or so and have found all wonderful furever homes. While you are sad to say goodbye to some, as long as they are going to a home where they will be loved and cherished, it is not so hard. If I kept them all I would soon have to stop fostering and eventually wouldn't be able to help the next abandoned dog. So, when you foster, you do get to where you can say goodbye because you know it is the best thing to do for not only this dog, but also for the next homeless waifs that will come your way.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie,Tilly,Secret(Ch Angels Top Secret of Khanthav) & Breeze(Ch Angels Heavenly Breeze of Linmont)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

Bridget -- I won't meet Oliver until later this afternoon. I really want to get him off the prednisone as I hate using Steroids but know that sometimes it's the last option. Apparently his previous owners left all of his records with the shelter and they will provide to me. I'm hoping that they have records from his previous Vet.

I'm just so frightened that I will become too attached to him and want to keep him. I know I will not be a GOOD foster home as I want to make sure that all of the little fluffs are loved and cared for.

Santa Fe is a very "RICH" community. Heck -- the minimum wage (by law) in Santa Fe is $12.50 an hour, so I can't imagine that someone surrendered Oliver due to monetary issues with Vet care and special food -- but you never know.

Age and size wise he will fit in well with my girls if I do end up having to keep him. Secret is 11 and weighs 4 lbs. Lacie is 8 and weighs 6.2 lbs. And Tilly is 6 1/2 and weighs almost 10 lbs. Oliver is 9 and supposedly weighs 6 lbs, so he's a good match -- but I do hope I can find him a great, only fluff, furever home.

First thing is to meet him and get his health issues under control. And then I'll go from there.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shirley Ng
Dog's Name: Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacie's Mom View Post
Here's Oliver's picture from the Santa Fe Shelter's website. They say that he weighs 6 lbs. How could I leave this little one in the shelter??? I just couldn't.

Oliver is sooooooooooooooo cute! How can he be at the shelter?!
jenna123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #40 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Lynn - I just saw this. I'm so thankful that your co-worker told you about Oliver. He's so cute!!! I can't imagine abandoning this boy (or really any pet). And how lucky for the love at the shelter...not putting him in the cages with the big guys surrounding him. I know this is meant to be, either as a foster or a furever boy. It will all be up to you. No pressure either way. It's win/win that he's out of there. He'll either have a loving family or he'll be part of your loving family. I can't wait until you meet him. And from the pix, he looks like he'll fit in perfectly.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement