Oh My Dog, seriously...? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean
Default Oh My Dog, seriously...?

I have been at home the last several days with the boys-which I am enjoying (but would enjoy so much more if the weather was nice and we could get out and enjoy it ) I don't know what it is with Rocky but if he can not sit on my lap (because the laptop is there) he tries to sit on my lower legs that are resting on the coffee table... and if that's not possible he wants to be in his crate.

Seriously Rocky? Is right next to me on the couch not enough? I even set up a pillow for you, but you'd rather sit in your crate? (They normally don't want anything to do with their crates)

Tucker, in the meantime, lays half on my shoulder, half on the shoulder of the sofa.... really guys? Really? I know we have a parrot in the house, but, why my shoulder?

Your fluffs have any odd snuggling habits like this?

Old 01-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Gives, "To each his own," a lot of credence. Tyler lately has been doing the cat sit. He climbs up on the back pillow of the couch and lays down looking down next to me. These little ones are so funny.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

If Dewey or one of the Yorkies are on my lap, Laurel jumps on the back of the couch, and then slides down onto my lap, It's usually VERY close to another dog. Or on top of them! They are funny, aren't they.

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Gustave is not very cuddly. He'd rather lay on the carpet far from me than anywhere near me. But IF I am on a conference video call for work, he gets all curious. Then he HAS to be on my lap with his head resting on the laptop. All our work calls are video conferences so everyone now knows a white fluffy thing will be staring into the camera if I'm working from home.
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Ashley
Dog's Name: Sophie

Sophie has to be touching me at ALL times. UNLESS, it's bedtime and she's in her crate. If she's not somehow in my lap or somehow having interaction with me she'll cry. She's very much like a 2 year old that your holding bit talking to someone else and is sitting the moving your face to look at her going "mommy look at me. Mommy look at me!"

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

AshleyAndSophiePup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Karen
Dog's Name: Bella and Jasmine (and Heidi at the Bridge)

Ok, this is not a snuggling habit, but I think it's cute anyway. When Bella wants her belly rubbed she will lay on her back right in front of you with her feet sticking up in the air wagging her tail. If you ignore her, she gives a little bark and starts moving her legs (like she's running, but she's still on her back). Of course she's so cute that we have to stop whatever we are doing and rub her belly.

Also, like Tucker, she likes to pretend she is a parrot and sit on your shoulder.

"In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog"
maltese#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltese#1fan View Post
Ok, this is not a snuggling habit, but I think it's cute anyway. When Bella wants her belly rubbed she will lay on her back right in front of you with her feet sticking up in the air wagging her tail. If you ignore her, she gives a little bark and starts moving her legs (like she's running, but she's still on her back). Of course she's so cute that we have to stop whatever we are doing and rub her belly.

Also, like Tucker, she likes to pretend she is a parrot and sit on your shoulder.
That image is too cute for words!

When Rocky wants a belly rub he will sit up, like he's begging
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nancy Wyant
Dog's Name: Mia
Heart

Mia has her own cushion next to me on the sofa, where she loves to lie...also she has her own pillow on the bed. Sometimes, though, she lies on the floor in front of me.
She doesn't lie in my lap to often, but close to me. In bed, she sleeps with her body lengthwise up by my head and snores her little butt off...LOL
nwyant1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Right now I am sitting in bed with my iPad. Both girls are on my legs and feet and both feet have fallen asleep! But, I don't have the heart to move them!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

These two love to here. However they don't like to share my lap. They both felt sleep so I stood sitting for 2 hours.

Oh My Dog, seriously...?-imageuploadedbypg-free1358394077.761794.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Leila & Wilber mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement