Missing Malt in Midlothian VA! Pray! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)
Default Missing Malt in Midlothian VA! Pray!

Thanks to Sue for posting this on Facebook! Sue is in NYC and when I woke up this a.m. and checked FB, I saw that a Maltese just minutes from my home in Virginia is missing! Thank God for Facebook and Sue!
Here's the link to the owners Craigslist post:
Missing Maltese

This Malt is 12 years old and partially blind/deaf. If this isn't bad enough, it has been raining and cold here for days and snow is expected to arrive around 5 p.m. today. I have been in contact with the owner and she thinks Abby may be hiding under someones porch or have been picked up. I've reposted all over FB, I'll be calling animmal controls today and I'll be doing a driving search of the area she went missing. I'll keep a picture of her on my phone to stop and ask folks if they have seen her. Any other ideas of who to contact or what to do. My heart is breaking thinking about how cold it is and up to 6" of snow tonight . Pray, Pray!!

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Just read on her FB page that a neighborhood nearby is having trouble with coyotes. Please pray!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

I Feel Bad Also--You Are A Great Person To Do All You Are Doing to help.
That Is A Great act of kindness--Bless You.
I Hope There is a good outcome and the pet returns Safe&Sound.
Ill Be Watching This Post!!!!! Nickee In Pa*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Has owner posted a photo/flyer on their own property?... this way people may keep sharper look out and contact. I too shared on FB... It drives me crazy to know this dear little soul is out there in the 'elements' !

Notify postal personel and even rubush removal people to keep look out. Even if you see a local police officer..give/show photo .They are constantly traveling the neighborhood and seeing pooch could well think it 'belongs" there.... give them a photo and contact number.

I'd put flyers EVERYWHERE... at vets.. in grocers... any public bulletin board. ...

Keep dbl checking all shelters and animal controls! I've seen where owners have given notice but somehow it got 'lost' in the system and they weren't contacted!!! My friend saw a dog posted at local SPCA as up for adoption BUT she recalled seeing same dog on bulletin board at the vets! She contacted the owners and they were able to retrieve their dog! The SPCA apparently 'lost' her info regarding this pooch...sooooo keep checking!

Prayers going out this baby is found and returned home safely!

If you hear anything PLEASE let us know!

Last edited by Maidto2Maltese; 01-17-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Maidto2Maltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thanks for the great tips Terry. My heart is broken but I am resolved to get out there and find her! I've contacted the local Vets and I'm waiting until the shelter opens at 10:30 to call them. I've PM'd the owner to see what exactly they have been doing/posting. Haven't heard back yet. She said that she's been the streets and I know she posted 2 days ago on Craigslist and then also on the Va Missing dogs site. I'm hopeful that she's been posting flyers in the stores etc, but I just don't know. Any flyers outside would be drenched by now ~ it's been raining for nearly a week and snow tonight . Time is ESSENTIAL. Any other ideas is VERY, VERY welcome. I'll be leaving here in the next hour to begin searching and knocking on doors if necessary.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Just finished talking with Abby's Mom. She was out putting out more flyers for Abby. She said that Abby is in the early stages of dementia. On 1/15 her husband let Abby out to go potty. He came back inside for just a second to grab the umbrella and Abby had vanished . He immediately searched the neighborhood for 2 hours and could not find her. The county has been out searching ditches, drainage areas and everything. No sign of her. The neighbors are all on the look out and email blasts have gone out. Flyers are everywhere. The owner stated that a couple of weeks ago she was gardening in her yard and a man working in this neighborhood (very upper class area) walked by and picked Abby and tried to walk away with her! She made him put her dog down!!! (I would LOSE IT!!!) Abby is apparently a very loving little girl and they are hopeful that she's hiding under a bush or something. Abby doesn't like to get her paws wet/dirty, so they suspect she was on the road when she went missing . The owner believes she was stolen. Please continue to pray.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Hope
Dog's Name: Bella

Sending prayers for Abby's safe return. I can't imagine how devastated her owners feel.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl73 View Post
The owner stated that a couple of weeks ago she was gardening in her yard and a man working in this neighborhood (very upper class area) walked by and picked Abby and tried to walk away with her! She made him put her dog down!!! (I would LOSE IT!!!) . The owner believes she was stolen. Please continue to pray.

If it were me I'd find out exactly who this guy was!!!.. find where he lives and GO there to see if he has her...even ask his neighbors if they've seen this little dog on their premises! if he works for a landscaping business they should be able to give info... or if 'individual' working for himself... the neighbors using him must have contact info!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Karen
Dog's Name: Bella and Jasmine (and Heidi at the Bridge)

I panicked when I saw your heading. I thought Bella had gone missing. I'm happy to hear it's not Bella, but I will pray that Abby is found soon and returned to her mommy.

"In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog"
maltese#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: SHELLY
Dog's Name: ABBIGAIL

I'm praying that this baby will be found very soon.
sdubose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement