Growing up before my eyes! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Marly
Dog's Name: Zoe
Default Growing up before my eyes!

I can't believe it was less than 2 months ago that Zoe came home with me. Separated from her mom way too soon, Zoe was 0.9 pounds when I brought her to the vet 2 days after I got her.

She was so quiet. All she wanted to do was crawl into my lap and sleep.

Now she's this huge furball of energy, and I'm wondering where did my calm baby go! Her favorite things to do are playing fetch and tug of war. Also chasing after my legs while I'm walking seem to be very fun for her, but not for me when she nips my ankles! She's also quite demanding. She sleeps with me at night, but if I get into bed without her, she will sit there and bark until I pick her up.

She's also very quick to learn. She knows how to sit, gives me her paw when I ask for it, and also learned how to play fetch! I am now working on the down command with her, and initially it was a little hard to get, but it's getting easier! She also goes on her pad 80% of the time. I'm going to transition her to outside once all of her vaccinations are complete and this cold (for SoCal) weather has gone away!

Of course, nipping is still the main thing I'm working on with her. It's not as bad as before. I notice that when I keep her away from certain people who encourage the behavior (by covering their hands or something to let her bite), she does it less often.

Last time she went to the vet she was 2.1 pounds! She has another appointment tomorrow to start her vaccinations. I'm hoping all goes well with that.

All in all, I'm so glad I took her in, and I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. I actually had a person ask me what would I be willing to take for her, the answer: nothing at all, she's mine!

The day I brought her home:

Small baby!

Zoe now:

Last edited by simplymars9; 01-17-2013 at 10:17 PM. Reason: added pictures
simplymars9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Oh so so SO CUTE!!! She looks like she's growing up to be healthy and happy! And your description reminds me so much of my Ivy's behaviors! I wish we didn't have a half a continent between us. I think your little fluff and mine could be bestest playmates!
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

And I see Zoe has the same toy Ivy does, the little colorful one with the loops in the last photo. Ivy is lying on my lap chewing on it right now!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Oh, I just noticed the other toy, the little rubber 3-bones that are looped together. Ivy managed to chew that up and I caught her just as she had a chunk of it in her mouth ready to swallow it. Scared me and I threw it away! I recommend really watching when your baby is playing with that one in case yours is able to chew off a piece too.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

She is so cute. Time does go by very quickly. I cannot believe how tiny she was just sitting in your hand. She has grown up to be an adorable little girl and by the way, I love her name....you spell it the same way I do as most people don't.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Hello from pa Glad to meet you both. what a tiny babie-and so darling. Wow She was little-i bet you had alot of work to do.
Guess what my yogi does the chase my feet while walking and wow the biting hurts. this is something i still havent been able to work out. This Is the first puppy i ever had--not a good trainor.

But this site is great, they have fantastic advice and really know so much. They Are Always There to help.--Yogi is 10mo old 6 1/2 pounds. The Love Of My Life!!--He was bought for me at 12 weeks.
Now i couldnt live without him. Yogi&Nickee in Pa!
Yogi The Day I Got Him And Now!!!!

Last edited by Yogi's Mom; 02-23-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Hope
Dog's Name: Bella

Zoe is adorable! I can't believe so tiny she was. Amazing. I am sure she is bonded to you deeply.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Oh yay! A Zoe update It's so good to see her!!

You've done a wonderful job! She looks SO GOOD! You should post more

LOL

I will say this.... I wish, wish, wish I would have done pads and then outside training but kept the pads around. Because for times like now - spay recovery - it would be so much better if Grace would use the pads. There are just times when pads would be so helpful LOL

But great job! I'm so happy she found you

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Oh how sweet she is. You're doing a great job taking care of her. She looks wonderful!!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Aww too cute! It's crazy they do grow up so fast!! Looks like a healthy & happy little pup!! TOO CUTE!!
Belle-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement