Oliver and My Girls - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie,Tilly,Secret(Ch Angels Top Secret of Khanthav) & Breeze(Ch Angels Heavenly Breeze of Linmont)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom
Default Oliver and My Girls

My boss is travelling today on business so I'm working from home and decided that I would introduce Oliver to my 3 girls. He really is very well mannered and understands what "no" means when I say it. He's investigated the entire house. Luckily he squats when he pees and isn't a marker or leg lifter.

What has surprised me most is the one that has been most accepting of Oliver and the least bothered by his being here. That is LACIE. I did have a long talk with her about Oliver and how his Mom couldn't keep him anymore and that we need to help him. I explained to her that if for some reason I couldn't keep her, we would want a nice home where she would be loved. You may think I'm CRAZY, but I do beieve that she understood.

Tilly is very "leary" of him and wants to make certain that he doesn't take any of her toys. She continues to follow him around with a suspecious look on her face. And she's fussed at him twice when he wasn't doing anything but getting closer to her toys than she wanted. I did correct her for this and she hasn't done it since.

Secret is ignoring him completely and just sits on my lap.

Oliver obviously had a doggie door at his previous home as ithe knew exactly what it was. He didn't watch the girls, but as soon as he saw the door he went out and explored the outside. He came to the door to come back in and the magnet seemed to hold it closed. I went to show him that he could open it and since then he's been going in and out at will.

The only time I've heard him bark (and his bark is low and rather quiet) is when he ended up in the hug spa bathtub in my master bath. There are steps to get into the tub and I had put things on the steps to discourage him from trying to use them. But yesterday and again this morning he started barking and barking. I thought he was just upset about being left in the bathroom and didn't pay too much attention. When I finally went to see what was wrong, he was in the bathtub both times and couldn't get out.

Seems to be a very smart and energetic little guy. Things seem to be going much better than I thought they would, so now the only worry is to get his skin cleared up. Please say a little prayer that we can do this very easily.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka
Default Oliver and My Girls

Hope his skin clears up soon. So glad to hear he's been mixing well in your household.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

With a good mom like you................ it wont be long for him to heal!!!!! Glad to hear that things are working out well!!!!!
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Aw, that's wonderful that the 4 fluffs are learning to get along! And very funny about him being stuck in the tub! He certainly was trying to tell you he had a problem! I look forward to seeing more photos.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Good that they're learning to get along. Praying that his skin gets better. I'm sure that it will with you caring for him.

Furbabies mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Lynn, that is great they are getting along. I think the skin issue will clear up with you on top of it. Cute story about the bathtub.....you would think after the first time he did it, he wouldn't want to try it again. So happy things are working out!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Maybe he wants a bath

LOL

I'm so glad they are getting to know each other Lacie, you sweet girl! You listened to your Mommy, didn't you? I have talks like that with my two.... I think they understand as well

Can't wait to see a photo or two

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Lucky

So glad they are getting along so well. Something tells me this will be number 4. The poor thing will be living in a sea of estrogen (and imagine a Maxuel Smart voice) and loving it.
wkomorow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

So Glad to hear all this--Yes I Do think this is No.4 You really do a great job with all your little ones.
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacie's Mom View Post
My boss is travelling today on business so I'm working from home and decided that I would introduce Oliver to my 3 girls. He really is very well mannered and understands what "no" means when I say it. He's investigated the entire house. Luckily he squats when he pees and isn't a marker or leg lifter.

What has surprised me most is the one that has been most accepting of Oliver and the least bothered by his being here. That is LACIE. I did have a long talk with her about Oliver and how his Mom couldn't keep him anymore and that we need to help him. I explained to her that if for some reason I couldn't keep her, we would want a nice home where she would be loved. You may think I'm CRAZY, but I do beieve that she understood.

Tilly is very "leary" of him and wants to make certain that he doesn't take any of her toys. She continues to follow him around with a suspecious look on her face. And she's fussed at him twice when he wasn't doing anything but getting closer to her toys than she wanted. I did correct her for this and she hasn't done it since.

Secret is ignoring him completely and just sits on my lap.

Oliver obviously had a doggie door at his previous home as ithe knew exactly what it was. He didn't watch the girls, but as soon as he saw the door he went out and explored the outside. He came to the door to come back in and the magnet seemed to hold it closed. I went to show him that he could open it and since then he's been going in and out at will.

The only time I've heard him bark (and his bark is low and rather quiet) is when he ended up in the hug spa bathtub in my master bath. There are steps to get into the tub and I had put things on the steps to discourage him from trying to use them. But yesterday and again this morning he started barking and barking. I thought he was just upset about being left in the bathroom and didn't pay too much attention. When I finally went to see what was wrong, he was in the bathtub both times and couldn't get out.

Seems to be a very smart and energetic little guy. Things seem to be going much better than I thought they would, so now the only worry is to get his skin cleared up. Please say a little prayer that we can do this very easily.
Lynn, she knows. I hope you can get his skin cleared up. It looks promising. I feel sad for the lady widow. How old is she ? She might not be able to cope with depression. If you are not going through the same thing it's difficult to understand how people react to some situations. She might already regret that she gave him up. Who knows. But knowing that he is in good hands will make her feel better. If she is a certain age she might not be able to drive to Albuquerque to go to the dermatologist. That could be one reason she gave him up. Hoping that somebody else will be more able to care for him and his needs than she can. I know that you are going to keep him.
MalteseJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement