Big dilemma, please help with opinions - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lydia
Dog's Name: Georgie Girl (GG), Bayleigh (yorkie), Lexie (RIP Sweet Angel 12/07/99-12/31/2013)

And if he stays with Obi, he can learn some cool tricks!!! I would do that in a heartbeat : )

lydiatug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

I personally would not take him...However I do understand the concern of finding the right situation when leaving him here. It would be wonderful if you could leave him with one of our members as you'd be truly secure in knowing he'd get the best of TLC!

I know I never could leave my babies in a kennel/boarding facility... not that there aren't good ones out there... just not 'my-way". Going way back to our fir5st pooch.. when we couldn't have a family member stay here at the house...I started putting the word out to friends/family and my clients. We were able to get 2 different gals whom I knew them and their families. I knew they were very responsible gals. Both were going to college, so they did say they'd have to leave a couple times for their classes and that was fine. After all from time to time "I" even have left them. LOL

I did treat the gals well....always made sure the house was stocked with 'goodies' for them... easy meals for quick microwaving etc. I left money for movie rentals/ and take out if they wanted. Neither ever used that money. One gal said it was like a little mini-vacation for her... she didn't have to do much but pamper my pooch. ( brush/feed/walk/play/ just keep cpmpany) I teased them that if they let the dog sleep with them they got a bonus! LOL They did let them sleep on the bed... but refused 'bonus" LOL

Sooo we usually could get on gal or the other at any given time. ...and they only charged $20 a day... this was for pretty much 24 hr service! I always gave them 'extra' as they were soooo worth it!

Soo I suggest you start putting the word out.. you never know if a person at the vets/groomers, a friend's friend etc might just have suggestion for the perfect person to just stay at your home .

I know many worry about having someone other than family staying in their house. It's a valid concern... but the way I looked at it...if I trusted these gals with my most prized posession...( my pooch!!!) anything else in the house was a 'given'. Again in our case we knew these gals and their famlies and knew of their integrity etc.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Well I like Marissa's offer the best! But if the dates don't work, here is a place in Westlake Village. Not too far from you I think. It has a great rep. A friend of mine used them, and they even read her dogs a bedtime story...no kidding.

The Barkley Pet Hotel- Westlake Village

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow at the dog show!!

Please Donate to GME Research
Lola's GME Research Fund
http://maf.convio.net/goto/lolagme.fund
pammy4501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
I totally feel your dilemma-- I was contemplating a similar situation for a future family member's wedding! I know you want him there, but it does sound like it will be extra stressful to take him. Also, as ivysmom mentioned, India may have special regulations and quarantine procedures.

10 days does feel super long but is do-able. Do you know which month you are going? Maybe Gustave can stay with us if the dates work out I can brush him, his teeth, and he can play with Obi... And I can practice what it feels like to have two dogs :-)

There are few I would trust more to watch my babies then several of you on the forums. I think this is an excellent offer I would jump at it.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka
Default Big dilemma, please help with opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
Do you know which month you are going? Maybe Gustave can stay with us if the dates work out I can brush him, his teeth, and he can play with Obi... And I can practice what it feels like to have two dogs :-)
Marisa, I am SO grateful for your kind offer. No other option even compares to him staying with you. We haven't decided on the date yet but it's gonna be around one or the other American holiday. Both of us get to take more days off that way. I understand that means you will probably be celebrating so I completely get it if the dates don't work out.

Let's chat about it more tomorrow. Again, I completely get it if it doesn't work for whatever reason, your kind offer is much appreciated in any case.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Wow, that Barkley hotel is amazing.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

This Warms My Heart. I Think There Will Be A Super Dooper Ending. Good Luck Nickee In Pa*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Glenda
Dog's Name: Madison, Axel and Paxton
Send a message via AIM to Madison's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammy4501 View Post
Well I like Marissa's offer the best! But if the dates don't work, here is a place in Westlake Village. Not too far from you I think. It has a great rep. A friend of mine used them, and they even read her dogs a bedtime story...no kidding.

The Barkley Pet Hotel- Westlake Village

!
OMG! I'm ready to check in myself!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

I would be very worried about traveling with him and am glad that you have some super options here with our members. It would be a big weight lifted from you for sure.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Okay, you asked. I wouldn't do it period. I would not take my dog to India, but I would not leave my dog either. Personally, I think big wedding celebrations are for a different time and a very different world. I think you would be better off to put the expense into buying a house and securing your future in a very insecure time. I guess I am not totally aware of your families customs. I did stray from my families customs.

I am just offering you a different point of view. My point of view. Just in case what you really want to do is spend your money to buy a house, and spend your energy to launch your new marriage, you have a supporter.
Advertisement