Awwwww, poor guy - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums


SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
IvysMom's Avatar
 
Dog's Name: Ivy
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippersmom View Post
Nah, I wouldn't switch to pee pads. Pipper learned so fast to go outside when he was a puppy and he is so good at making sure I know he needs out, I wouldn't do anything to confuse him. I will just carry him to his pee spot instead of letting him walk when its this cold.

I'm the same way. Ivy housetrained so fast and so thoroughly to going outside that I don't want to confuse her by trying to retrain her to pads. However, when the weather is foul, I sometimes sure wish she would still use the pads!
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
babycake7's Avatar
 
Name: Hope
Dog's Name: Bella
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,647
Default

I have Bella trained to use pee pads as well as go outside. She definitely prefers to go outside and will ONLY use the pee pads as a very last resort. I hate to take her out in the cold but she doesn't mind so much and she makes quick work about getting down to business but when it rains, pee pads are a must! A little fluff can easily get chilled when they get caught in a downpour. She hates to use the pads and she will bark and bark demanding to be let outside so she can go but I will just tell her "sorry little girl..." and she seems to understand. She stops barking and does her business on the pad and then barks until someone disposes of the soiled pad. She definitely likes her area nice, clean, tidy and fresh smelling.
__________________
Hope and Bella Breeze
babycake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
lmillette's Avatar
 
Name: Lindsay
Dog's Name: Opey (Maltese) & Loco (Basset Hound)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lowell, MA
Posts: 2,687
Default

Oh poor little Pipper!! It's cold here too but not that cold!! My two pups will hold there feet sometimes on there walks especially right after it snows and once daddy clears out there pads they seem to okay but were you are all you can do is go out for a quick potty!! Poor little guy! May need to get him some boots.
__________________



Follow the Barking Corner blog:
www.barkingcorner.com

Or on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/BarkingCorner
lmillette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
maltese#1fan's Avatar
 
Name: Karen
Dog's Name: Bella and Jasmine (and Heidi at the Bridge)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mount Joy, PA
Posts: 1,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi's Mom View Post
I Understand the cold pa--is Freezing.
Yogi wont go out in the cold--The pee pee Pads--well thats a story in its self.
After eating most of the pads for so long-even after i bought the frame,This is what works--dont laugh---i have to cut bath towels white one into a 18-24 to fit the frame--and he does use them. They Unrave on all ends,cut and trim.

I hope to find someone that will sew some for me.Little guy,Keep those Paw Paws Warm. Nickee In Pa*
Petsmart sells washable pads. They can't eat them and they don't unravel. You might want to try them.
__________________

"In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog"
maltese#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
Snowball Pie's Mommi's Avatar
 
Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
I'm the same way. Ivy housetrained so fast and so thoroughly to going outside that I don't want to confuse her by trying to retrain her to pads. However, when the weather is foul, I sometimes sure wish she would still use the pads!
Snowball uses pads and goes outside, too. He came home to us trained to use the pads ... which is great! Greater yet is that he goes outside when we take him on his walks, too! However, he cannot tolerate the extreme freezing cold weather on his paws. Recently there was an article on our local news about dogs getting frostbite. I asked our vet about this and she said yes it is true. I know of one SM member who could confirm that it happened to her precious fluff. He was bandaged for quite a while in order to get better. Now he wears boots. And, I want to add that his Mommy is the greatest Mommy ... she loves him with all her heart.
__________________
Snowball Pie's Mommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
Snowball Pie's Mommi's Avatar
 
Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycake7 View Post
I have Bella trained to use pee pads as well as go outside. She definitely prefers to go outside and will ONLY use the pee pads as a very last resort. I hate to take her out in the cold but she doesn't mind so much and she makes quick work about getting down to business but when it rains, pee pads are a must! A little fluff can easily get chilled when they get caught in a downpour. She hates to use the pads and she will bark and bark demanding to be let outside so she can go but I will just tell her "sorry little girl..." and she seems to understand. She stops barking and does her business on the pad and then barks until someone disposes of the soiled pad. She definitely likes her area nice, clean, tidy and fresh smelling.
Smart little girl! LOL

Snowball wants his privacy when he does his BM's! We live in a townhome and have pads on each level. If we are on one level and he has to go ... he goes up (or down) to the next level ... thinking we aren't paying attention that he left. LOL.

As for the pads ... although they could be used more than once, because they are bigger ... I change them every time anyway. They don't have an odor ( at least the ones we use) but, I prefer to change them.

I think most dogs prefer their area to be clean and fresh smelling.
__________________
Snowball Pie's Mommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kingsport TN
Posts: 715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi's Mom View Post
I Understand the cold pa--is Freezing.
Yogi wont go out in the cold--The pee pee Pads--well thats a story in its self.
After eating most of the pads for so long-even after i bought the frame,This is what works--dont laugh---i have to cut bath towels white one into a 18-24 to fit the frame--and he does use them. They Unrave on all ends,cut and trim.

I hope to find someone that will sew some for me.Little guy,Keep

those Paw Paws Warm. Nickee In Pa*
The things we do for our furbabies!!
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum