Bark Box? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean
Default Bark Box?

Someone splain this bark box thing to me.... I don't understand.... the website is a tad ....elusive about the contents of what a box might be. I don't understand how a $18 box is any less than a $29 a month box and I'm curious.... Did you sign up? Which one did you choose? What did you get? Is there some special purpose to this other than to get stuff? I even scoped out their facebook page and came up with nothing...

Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

I Checked It Out To--I Think Part of the Money Is Donated to DogS In Need.
Differance in the monthly Price Might Be,That The More Money Then You Get More Goodies. This Is Great For People Who Dont Get Out Alot And Get To Buy things for the Pets. I Dont Understand What Items Go In The Box--Thought Maybe The Buyer Could Pick. Nickee in Pa*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

I got Bailey a three month Barkbox subscription for Christmas. The difference in price per month depends on the length of your subscription (just like with magazines), not what is in the box. I was thrilled with what I got. The Jax and Bones toy alone sells for $17. Total cost of the goodies would definitely be twice retail plus it shipped for free.

All the treats and toys are organic/made in the USA, etc. plus a portion of the proceeds go to rescue. You also choose the size or your dog so everything is size appropriate.

If you want to try Barkbox, you can use my invite to get $5 off.

https://barkbox.com/r/buBtAjkihM/

This is what Bailey got in his first box.
Attached Thumbnails
Bark Box?-008.jpg  
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

I think Barkbox is for you if you like getting surprises and want your fluff to have variety without having to actually go out and buy stuff yourself. Each box we have received has had different kinds of products.

I signed up for 3 months because I like Gustave getting stuff, haha! There are some things that I would never even think of buying myself, like Cake mix, but when we get I surely like it. Plus they give some to a good cause, which is nice.

The products are all pretty good too.
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

That Is Cute. Was This ThE $18.00 One?
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

As Marj said, the price per box depends only on the length of subscription you choose. It is cheaper per box if you sign up for the 6-month subscription and more per box for the 3-month and single box subscription. Whether you sign up for just one box or a 6-month subscription you will get the same contents. The $17 box is the same as the more expensive boxes. You get a "deal" for paying for 3 or 6 boxes up front.

I was able to get one box for $15 as a Good Morning America special deal. I have mixed feelings about the boxes. I was very disappointed in the toy I got in my box -- it was from West Paw Design which is great, but I got a snowman that is probably 8" long if not longer, much too big for a Maltese. In addition, it had a ribbon around its neck that was not sewn on so that is a choking hazard and it also had pompom eyes and "buttons" that were glued on, not sewn on -- also a choking hazard. The dogs pulled them off right away (they are very gentle with toys) and thankfully I noticed and threw them away along with the stupid ribbon. So now they are left with a white blob toy, just plain white. It was a huge disappointment and I emailed BarkBox about it because the toy just isn't safe for dogs (I noticed several others complained about it on Facebook) and they didnt seem to care much.

The value of the items I received was about double what I would pay retail so value wise it is great. They never send treats with wheat (or corn or soy, I think). All treats are made in the USA, but NOT all toys are made in the USA. In general, almost everything is US made though.

I haven't decided if I will do a subscription. My box came with a $10 off code to try another box so I may. I don't typically buy treats monthly for the dogs nor do I buy a new toy frequently so I probably won't subscribe. I wish you could set the frequency in which to receive the boxes, such as every other month. I would definitely do that...but every month is just too much stuff for us. The surprise of it is very fun, though.

Last edited by LJSquishy; 01-22-2013 at 08:54 PM.
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiksaa View Post
I think Barkbox is for you if you like getting surprises and want your fluff to have variety without having to actually go out and buy stuff yourself. Each box we have received has had different kinds of products.

I signed up for 3 months because I like Gustave getting stuff, haha! There are some things that I would never even think of buying myself, like Cake mix, but when we get I surely like it. Plus they give some to a good cause, which is nice.

The products are all pretty good too.
That's the way I felt. I wanted to do something fun for Christmas and this was a chance to try out new things. I never would have paid $17 for the Jax and Bones rope toy, but glad I got to try it because it is a winner. Now I'm hooked which is why Barkbox works. The products they choose each month are free mass marketing for the company so they get a great price to feature them.

I just noticed the rubber peanut thing is like a Kong - stuffable! Can't wait to try that!

Did Gustave get his Barkbox yet?
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

He did! I left a comment on the other thread about it. He loved the octopus. He also loves the kong. I just throw in a few kibble pieces in there and he's happy for the next 10 minutes! I haven't opened the treats yet. He LOVES the bully stick. But let me tell you it's not completely odor free.

We like it because it works for when nothing will soothe him (usually when he's showing his teenage crazy behavior). And I can just wash his face the next morning with Spa Lavish and the smell is gone.
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Dog's Name: Lily and Ella [Yorkie]

We love barkbox, I found a groupon a few months ago and signed up for a six month subscription!

Owned By:

Lily & Ella
Lily12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement