Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Pray! Pray! Pray!

8K views 147 replies 37 participants last post by  Snowball Pie's Mommi 
#1 · (Edited)
As some of you may recall, a maltese in our area went missing recently and has not yet been found. Today I received a call from the owner that they had received calls about 2 sightings of who may be Abby! One person described her as "..saw her at the mailbox. She was very wet and very matted. She was white with tags." Abby wasn't wearing her thundershirt. (I wonder if someone took it off of her?) .The person was with their big dog so they didn't get Abby, but went inside to call the owner. Returned to find Abby gone again! :angry:. The sighting was about a mile or so from her home. When the owner called me to report the news, I was in the area doing some shopping so I went right there. We all searched and searched, but no sign of Abby. I firmly believe God puts us where we are supposed to be. We planted a lot of seeds today in telling people about Abby. I just pray the right person finds this old baby girl soon. It is VERY cold here. There's snow, ice and her area has huge hawks. It is essential that she be returned soon. So upsetting to not be able to put her back in her Momma's arms.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.p....134938773249440.33552.125859484157369&type=1

#15 ·
Bridget, I think someone probably brought her inside out of the cold. I will pray you can find that person so they can be reunited. Poor baby!

#16 · (Edited)
Thank you all so much for your prayers. I cannot begin to tell you how much it means to us. I just can't stop thinking about Abby. The idea of an old Bella being clearly lost in this bad weather with so many birds and animals in the area.....it just breaks my heart! The owner and her family are so incredibly worried. Sandi, we are wondering if you may be correct. Maybe that would explain how (if it was Abby that was spotted), she was not wearing her thundershirt. Maybe the people who originally found her brought her in to keep her warm and dry off, then let her out to go potty and then she wandered off again? It's a theory that could make sense I guess. Fortunately this neighborhood also has an email/text alert system, so at least some folks got the news blast yesterday to be on the look out. Not everyone gets the alerts though. The neighborhood is very "snooty" and doesn't allow many signs, and SO many people I met yesterday didn't even know she was lost! :angry: It is raining here now and really cold. I hope that Abby has taken shelter to stay warm and that someone is at least putting food out for her. Please, please continue to pray. I just know she is out there and wanting her Mommy. I just want her wrapped her in a nice warm blanket and placed back in her families arms.

Here's some of what we have done to try and locate her. Any more ideas?

*Facebook posts to area businesses, country clubs, *just occurred to me I need to Google the churches in the area and post on their FB pages and on news sites*
*Notified the area vets and posted on their FB pages so other pet owners in the area will see that she's missing.
*Flyers on some mailboxes (again restricted by community bi-laws)
*Some posters where allowed
*Driving around and talking to anyone and everyone we see
*Visits to the local animal control (they are full and not accepting more pets at this time. So I guess people are just taking pets back home or releasing them :unsure:?
*Notified the animal leagues
*Craigslist posts.
*Searching the woods and the county searched the drainage areas (there were even children on skateboards searching).

I will contact SCMR today. Any other Maltese rescue groups in VA?

Other ideas?

#19 · (Edited)
Thank you guys for the continued prayers. I'm going to head over that way in the next couple of hours to search again. It's about 20+ minutes from my house, but the rain has slowed down over here....hopefully their way too. Yesterday she was seen around 1-3 p.m., so I'm hopefully that if I canvas the area during that same time today, maybe she will surface since the rain has slowed down. BTW, when she was spotted yesterday, she was tinkling at a mailbox. The owner told me this is also Abby's habit ~ go to the mailbox and potty. I just know it's her...it has to be. Please continue to pray. I'm packing a towel and snacks in my car....let's pray I will get to put them to good use!

#20 ·
I wonder if a have a heart trap would work? Put some real enticing food in there? I know of one rescue dog in transport who got away somehow and another who got out of yard by jumping fence I think at new home within hours of arrival...( why they weren't more diligent I don't know) so both very skidish and this is how they were able to get them. Just a thought! ( Someone would need to check during the night though ) .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.