Pray! Pray! Pray! - Page 10 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #91 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Bridget, is it possible to try another neighborhood on extended side of this particular one---in the event she has "moved?" I would definitely get posters out into the bordering neighborhoods, if that hasn't been done.
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #92 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Bridget, Seeing all these post from the most careing people i have ever heard sure re-news my faith of just how many wonderful and careing people i have got to hear from are out there. I Know This Is Such a lot for you. Always know there is no one out there that could of done more. I Think You Have done all there is to do--My Dear,Letting go is hard to do. Is There Hope Well Of Course and you have been holding on to that. Is it time to let go-maybe. If you do-I Know that peace will follow in time knowing all that you have done was your Best.
I Will Pray for your Peace of Mind-Because if think you need some help so you can let go. Nickee in Pa*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #93 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

I've been following this thread, coming back several times a day hoping to hear good news. I, too, have been wondering "could this poor dog still be alive?" This morning I was walking Lucy along the edge of the park when a loud car came zooming by, and she crouched in fear. I thought about the fact that she was a stray, picked up by animal control in North Las Vegas, which I feel could have caused her jumpiness and fear in certain situations--especially at night. Then I thought about Abby. And it hit me....Lucy survived what looked to be several weeks on the street. I mean, the condition she was in and the length of her mats, etc. really indicated that she had been "lost" for quite awhile. I know it's possible that somebody neglected her that badly...she just doesn't ACT like a dog that wasn't once loved and taken care of. And I adopted her in January which is quite cold here--not SNOW cold, but it does get cold. So, I say, "If Lucy did it, Abby can too." I'm still holding out hope that you will find Abby. Good luck, and thank you so much for helping these owners--I can't even imagine how distraught they must be.
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #94 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Yoshie (at the bridge), Buckley (Chi)

Praying she is found

Mary
luvmybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #95 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLucy View Post
I've been following this thread, coming back several times a day hoping to hear good news. I, too, have been wondering "could this poor dog still be alive?" This morning I was walking Lucy along the edge of the park when a loud car came zooming by, and she crouched in fear. I thought about the fact that she was a stray, picked up by animal control in North Las Vegas, which I feel could have caused her jumpiness and fear in certain situations--especially at night. Then I thought about Abby. And it hit me....Lucy survived what looked to be several weeks on the street. I mean, the condition she was in and the length of her mats, etc. really indicated that she had been "lost" for quite awhile. I know it's possible that somebody neglected her that badly...she just doesn't ACT like a dog that wasn't once loved and taken care of. And I adopted her in January which is quite cold here--not SNOW cold, but it does get cold. So, I say, "If Lucy did it, Abby can too." I'm still holding out hope that you will find Abby. Good luck, and thank you so much for helping these owners--I can't even imagine how distraught they must be.
I've been thinking the same thing. Tessa was a stray in Milwaukee and based on her condition and how long they think her leg had been broken, they think she was on the street from around New Years until the middle of February. If she survived six weeks on the street in Wisconsin of all places, there is hope for Abby.

Still praying!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #96 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

I've been checking in all day....praying we'll hear some good news!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #97 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLucy View Post

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 AM   #98 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

So sorry I didn't check back in yesterday. As some of you on FB know, Abby's Mom (Nancy) posted on my FB page. She is so appreciated of everyones love and support - and that most certainly includes each and every one of you! We have NOT and will NOT give up hope that Abby can survive this. There is no sign of her tags or her pink jacket (still think someone brought her inside and removed that a some point). No sign of matted hair tufts on bushes or limbs, no signs of remains or a struggle. This leads us to believe she could most certainly be snuggled up near someones home and very possibly eating their cat or dogs food. She could definetly still be alive. The question for us has been, at what point do you pull back your search efforts and give her a chance to re-surface? I spoke with Nancy (Abby's Mom) last night and she has decided to pull back on having searchers in the area. Her concern is that if Abby is scared, that all of these people might be driving her deeper into hiding. The wildlife that was once seen in the areas where Abby's been sighted & heavily searched for, is no longer coming to that area . I will be going over to Nancy's this a.m. to get more flyers. I'll be taking them to neighborhoods nearby that we have not visited - maybe somebody will see her. Please keep praying for her and praying she is getting rest and nourishment. Love yall so much!

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #99 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Update from the owner:
Note from newspaper carrier today. " Good morning, food was GONE, but today Toby (lbaby fox) was killed-laying in road in Front Club House. I will bury him this morning. Prayers are still out there for Abby."
Joe is going over there to see if Abby comes by to be with where Toby was.... we are both crying. Abby was running and sleeping with this baby fox, and this is how she has survivied.

From me: We know that Abby has been eating from the same area as this baby fox. We aren't certain that Abby was following the fox, praying she wasn't. God be with this poor little fox and with precious Abby.

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #100 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )

Is this the same area where the traps were set as well?...Praying that Abby is the one who ate the food, though of course feel so sad about the baby fox.
How far away from this area where food was is it to where the fox was found? Is it in different part of neighborhood? Sorry for all the questions...
As always praying there is at least a spotting today!