Two Malts and a Baby - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

You have 3 BEAUTIFUL babies! Summer is gorgeous!

When I found things to get difficult and tricky was when my human babies started moving around. A 8 or 10 or even 18 month old human baby does not understand that it might be hazardous to go plop down on top of a sleeping dog. At very young ages, they don't understand the difference between their "stuffies" and the real doggie (namely, that their stuffies don't have teeth and know how to use them if hurt). That is when I found I needed to juggle separating 2 legged kids from 4 legged kids. A bite in the face can be forever, and depending upon the laws where you live, can even mean the dog will be taken away from you and euthanized. The baby's safety has to come first and a toddler can also seriously injure a little dog without ever meaning to do so.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

Tammy! It sounds like you are doing a great job! NOTHING can prepare you for how emotionally, physically, and mentally draining caring for a baby can be. It's all good, but it sure kicked my behind. Some are better equipped than others though, and it sounds like you are! I just remember at the end of the day feeling like if one more living creature needs one more thing from me I'm gonna lose it. I think it's hard on many dogs to accept a new baby. Let's face it, they're loud and scary and take Mommy's attention! The only good thing about them from a dog's point of view is they leave food all over the place and they smell like poo! It sounds like a good thing that B&E have each other though. I had a sheltie when I had my babies and he never grew to like them. Never hurt them, but never liked them. But that was just his personality. Shelties are not known for being overly friendly to anyone but their person. Steve isn't my kids' biggest fan either, except when they're eating bacon.

Summer is beautiful!!!

StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Donna
Dog's Name: Chloe & Summer
Send a message via AIM to donnad

I think you are doing a fabulous job as a mommy! I love your pictures!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisol
Dog's Name: Kelly, Kimmy & Khloe
Default Two Malts and a Baby

Wow!! What a beautiful family you have!! Summer is stunning! Love her 5month birthday picture!! Too cute Your fluffs are gorgeous as well! Beautiful babies & a beautiful mommy

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Fluffdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

Thank you so much for posting this, Tammy! I also have two fluffies and will be adding a skin-baby in somewhere around 4-5 years (going to prolong it as long as possible LOL). Mine aren't quite as bonded as Ben and Emma, mine fight a LOT ... it's all in good fun but it feels like a sibling rivalry type of rough-housing lol, so I hope by then they are little more loving and tolerant of each other...

which also makes me worry for them and the baby... also I will have to keep an eye on Lisa since she tries to paw at your face and lunges at you with kisses when she gets excited! It's cute and she doesn't mean any harm but her claws are sharp and can hurt a lot!

It makes me relieved that you are handling this so well! I am already nervous for when our time comes to have babies... I already feel like I have babies with mine!!

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

You are doing a wonderful job
MalteseJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Tammy, you have such a beautiful family. I enjoyed reading your story so much. And, it will be so helpful to other women who are planning to have children to have an idea what to think about ... especially when one already has family pets.

I understand why you cried when you became pregnant ... because you are so responsible and of course, were thinking about B&E. Heck, I went downstairs and cried my heart out right after we brought Snowball home! Felix and I had never had any kind of pet together (except Ashley's Beta fish, Eric ... that she left in our care) I suddenly became overwhelmed worrying if I would be the best Mommy for Snowball. I can't imagine how I would feel if I became pregnant and already had fluff babies that I loved so much. I am in love with my Snowball. Well, if I became pregnant now ... I would become famous since I am too old to become pregnant! LOL Just the thought of it at my age makes me want to laugh hysterically!

Tammy, you have handled motherhood for both your fluff babies and gorgeous Summer beautifully. You have put so much thought into how to manage a schedule for B&E, Summer, your job, and all the time in between. You are an awesome mother and wife. And, might I add that you are beautiful inside and out.

I've often thought how much I admired you even before Summer was born. You went through so much with the move and renovations in your new house. The timing to complete the renovations in your home were so close to the birth of Summer, and on top of that ... sweet, sweet Benny and you went through the terrible stress and emotional pain of Benny's burns and surgery ... after the shock of his dental cleaning and tooth loss ... so much went awry at the same time.

Tammy, I love all of the pictures. Summer is a little doll! And, B&E are as adorable as ever! You are beautiful and you have a handsome and loving hubby. Love and hugs to you and all of your beautiful family.

Last edited by Snowball Pie's Mommi; 02-02-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Snowball Pie's Mommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Pie's Mommi View Post
Tammy, you have such a beautiful family. I enjoyed reading your story so much. And, it will be so helpful to other women who are planning to have children to have an idea what to think about ... especially when one already has family pets.

I understand why you cried when you became pregnant ... because you are so responsible and of course, were thinking about B&E. Heck, I went downstairs and cried my heart out right after we brought Snowball home! Felix and I had never had any kind of pet together (except Ashley's Beta fish, Eric ... that she left in our care) I suddenly became overwhelmed worrying if I would be the best Mommy for Snowball. I can't imagine how I would feel if I became pregnant and already had fluff babies that I loved so much. I am in love with my Snowball. Well, if I became pregnant now ... I would become famous since I am too old to become pregnant! LOL Just the thought of it at my age makes me want to laugh hysterically!

Tammy, you have handled motherhood for both your fluff babies and gorgeous Summer beautifully. You have put so much thought into how to manage a schedule for B&E, Summer, your job, and all the time in between. You are an awesome mother and wife. And, might I add that you are beautiful inside and out.

I've often thought how much I admired you even before Summer was born. You went through so much with the move and renovations in your new house. The timing to complete the renovations in your home were so close to the birth of Summer, and on top of that ... sweet, sweet Benny and you went through the terrible stress and emotional pain of Benny's burns and surgery ... after the shock of his dental cleaning and tooth loss ... so much went awry at the same time.

Tammy, I love all of the pictures. Summer is a little doll! And, B&E are as adorable as ever! You are beautiful and you have a handsome and loving hubby. Love and hugs to you and all of your beautiful family.

Not to mention Super Storm Sandy!! You guys have been through so much and you are still doing such a fabulous job!! Tammy, you are definitely a great example to those of us contemplating non-furry babies of a new mom juggling 2 fluffs on top of everything else!!

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nida
Dog's Name: Emma Charlotte (CloudClan Maltese) and Bailey (Honorary Maltese)

Tammy, you are one amazing woman and I always thought that, even before you became wonder-mom! I don't know how you do it all, but you are doing such a fantastic job with all three of your babies! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this.

Benny, Emma and Summer are so VERY lucky to have you as their mom!

CloudClan I'll Be There For You - "Emma"
Honorary Maltese - Bailey

Follow us on Facebook: The Adventures of Bailey & Emma
Bailey&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: *Tammy*
Dog's Name: Chrisman's Benjamin Angelo & Marcris Sweet Dreams Emma Anjelica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison's Mom View Post
Wonderful update! It reminds me so much of when my first son was born. I already had a daughter - my Pom named Tasha! She was very much a part of his life, from the moment I brought him home from the hospital.

Ben and Emma are adorable, as always, and Summer is absolutely beautiful!
Thank you Glenda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie's mommy View Post
Wow - you really have developed a wonderful system for integrating Summer into the family while making B&E still feel important. B&E are so lucky to have you to care for them. Great job!
Thank you. I tried really hard to come up with a plan and so far so good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubose View Post
All I can say is WOW. You are wonder woman. I love love love the second picture. Your family is beautiful.
Not wonder woman by any means! Just a new mommy figuring it out day by day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi's Mom View Post
I Just Loved Reading This. You Are Really Blessed My Dear-This is What Life is all about--Family* You Have Done A Great Job With All of This.
The Baby,The Fluffs You And Husband All Just Beautiful- Nickee In Pa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiksaa View Post
Thanks for posting this. You really are doing such a great job handling this.

I love those pics. I also really like your attitude about this. I think when someone wants to make it work, they do. Sure there are compromises, but doesn't mean it's impossible.

Again, all your babies are cuties.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Exactly...compromises for sure...but all very workable. It's not easy and at times I want to scream...but then those moments where you see happiness on everyone's faces, fluffs included, make it all worth it!