February barkbox review - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums


SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
StevieB's Avatar
 
Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 2,047
Default

How fun! Steve got his first BarkBox today and ours was a little different. We didn't get the fun newspaper toy. He got a knot/tug type toy (like the black one but without the little man) and a stuffed squeaky snowman (which he ran off with immediately). So fun to get pressies!
__________________
Celeta & Steve

StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru


 
Ladysmom's Avatar
 
Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 17,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
How fun! Steve got his first BarkBox today and ours was a little different. We didn't get the fun newspaper toy. He got a knot/tug type toy (like the black one but without the little man) and a stuffed squeaky snowman (which he ran off with immediately). So fun to get pressies!
Bailey got his Barkbox today and thankfully he did get the crinkly newspaper toy. He loves it!

He got a knot/tug toy, too, but different than Gustave's.

I wonder why they are different now? Honestly, that bothers me. The company encourages you to share to get free boxes, so they must realize we will notice substitutions.

I am really sorry Stevie didn't get the newspaper. After I saw Gustave's, I would have been really disappointed to get the squeaky snowman instead.

I may ask about it on their Facebook page.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

 
Lacie's Mom's Avatar
 
Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie, Tilly and Secret (Ch Angel's Top Secret of Khanthav)
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Posts: 15,956
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom
Default

I got the snowman toy last month, so maybe you'll get the newspaper toy next month. I hope so.
__________________

Lacie, Secret & Tilly
Lacie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
eiksaa's Avatar
 
Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,699
Default February barkbox review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysmom View Post
Bailey got his Barkbox today and thankfully he did get the crinkly newspaper toy. He loves it!

He got a knot/tug toy, too, but different than Gustave's.

I wonder why they are different now? Honestly, that bothers me. The company encourages you to share to get free boxes, so they must realize we will notice substitutions.

I am really sorry Stevie didn't get the newspaper. After I saw Gustave's, I would have been really disappointed to get the squeaky snowman instead.

I may ask about it on their Facebook page.
I agree! It's kinda weird that they're all not the same. I didn't even realize that could happen.


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru


 
Ladysmom's Avatar
 
Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 17,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiksaa View Post
I agree! It's kinda weird that they're all not the same. I didn't even realize that could happen.


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I just posted on their Facebook page so feel free to comment. I am not happy that Stevie got a snowman toy leftover from last month!

If they start putting leftovers in the next month's box I will not be happy!

Barkbox is a new company so hopefully they will respond and get their act together.

BTW, Bailey got the Aussie Naturals Candy Ball in his box instead of the tug toy Gustave got.

http://aussienaturals.us/en/wooley-c...all-small.html

Last edited by Ladysmom; 02-20-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
eiksaa's Avatar
 
Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,699
Default February barkbox review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysmom View Post
I just posted on their Facebook page so feel free to comment. I am not happy that Stevie got a snowman toy leftover from last month!

If they start putting leftovers in the next month's box I will not be happy!

Barkbox is a new company so hopefully they will respond and get their act together.

BTW, Bailey got the Aussie Naturals Candy Ball in his box instead of the tug toy Gustave got.

http://aussienaturals.us/en/wooley-c...all-small.html
I think that's a fair 'substitution', if you can call it that. I actually think it's more fun if the stuff is similar, but not exactly the same.

I also don't personally care about getting 'leftovers', as long as it's not treats. I would love to get the candy ball toy next month, but yes, I think they should have monthly themes. So like this month could have been tug toys(from a particular company) and a crinkly toy(from another company) and they could have stuck to that.


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru
 
Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Uniontown,pa
Posts: 3,231
Default

OK Aunties!!! Yogi just seen the post hes getting signed up.
Looks like Fun Fun Fun. Nickee*

Gustave thanks for the post,Iam In!! Yogi*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru


 
Ladysmom's Avatar
 
Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 17,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiksaa View Post
I think that's a fair 'substitution', if you can call it that. I actually think it's more fun if the stuff is similar, but not exactly the same.

I also don't personally care about getting 'leftovers', as long as it's not treats. I would love to get the candy ball toy next month, but yes, I think they should have monthly themes. So like this month could have been tug toys(from a particular company) and a crinkly toy(from another company) and they could have stuck to that.


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
You're more mellow than I am!

I would have been really disappointed if Bailey's Barkbox didn't have the newspaper toy. I think the boxes should be consistent. There is too much chance of envy or disappointment since we are encouraged to share our Barkbox experience. It's just not professional to fill some boxes with leftover toys from previous months. We pay upfront for our subscription so there is no reason why Barkbox can't buy enough quantity to make the boxes uniform.

They sell the leftovers at a discount afterwards, so packing new boxes with last month's toys is not cool IMO.

The squeaky snowman was actually in December's Barkbox and was on sale for 25% off right after Christmas. I got this email from Barkbox on 1/7/13.
Attached Thumbnails
February barkbox review-barkbox.jpg  
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

 
StevieB's Avatar
 
Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 2,047
Default February barkbox review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysmom View Post
You're more mellow than I am!

I would have been really disappointed if Bailey's Barkbox didn't have the newspaper toy. I think the boxes should be consistent. There is too much chance of envy or disappointment since we are encouraged to share our Barkbox experience. It's just not professional to fill some boxes with leftover toys from previous months. We pay upfront for our subscription so there is no reason why Barkbox can't buy enough quantity to make the boxes uniform.

They sell the leftovers at a discount afterwards, so packing new boxes with last month's toys is not cool IMO.

The squeaky snowman was actually in December's Barkbox and was on sale for 25% off right after Christmas. I got this email from Barkbox on 1/7/13.
Ya seriously! I was disappointed about the newspaper b/c that looked cute. The snowman is lame. I think I'll email and raise a stink. Steve wants his paper!


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
__________________
Celeta & Steve

StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru


 
Ladysmom's Avatar
 
Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 17,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
Ya seriously! I was disappointed about the newspaper b/c that looked cute. The snowman is lame. I think I'll email and raise a stink. Steve wants his paper!


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
If you live in Texas a snowman IS lame when it is almost March!

Call them! I plan to do it tomorrow.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com