Poor little guy! - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #21 (permalink)

Dog's Name: Teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
The other thing that works to get rid of a neglectful owner is to tell them the vet, room and board bill, training, etc for taking care of him is $_____ ($15 or however much /day is the going rate at local boarding kennels, plus food bill, plus vet bills) and will be payable in cash before they pick him up. Keep ALL receipts.

I can pretty much guarantee that will chase them off and you won't see them again.
I agree, she can hold the dog with a lien and chance are the owner wont want to pay the expense. Keep receipts in file. This way you have prof necessary in case they threaten with small claims court
Hrossen11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

Name: xewqa's mum
Dog's Name: Xewqa (Shew-ka)
Send a message via Skype™ to Xewqa's mum

I agree, tell them it died, it got run over when it ran out the door by a hit and run, no vet as it was dead on the spot! End of, it is the only way, and truly they will only miss the money. Oh and then hit them with a bill for its care. Like for hundreds. If they don't pay take em to Judge Judy, she loves little dogs and hates people like this, she will make mince meat out of them LOL
Xewqa's mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: Isabella Anne
Default Poor little guy!

This story made me cry like so many other SM members. I say do everything you can to save this precious one. Good luck. There are so many good ideas from members. Use them all lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Isabella's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cory
Dog's Name: Bibu and Kissy
Send a message via Skype™ to Bibu
Default Update

Thanks for everyone who has shown their love for this little guy and his situation even without knowing him.

I spoke to my mom this morning and she has placed a cone on him temporarily because he kept scratching at his face from the bad grooming job. She is cleaning the area well 2 times a day and is making sure he doesn't go outside much so he doesn't get the area infected in any way.

She said he has really opened up to her! The first couple of days she said he was really nervous and would shake when she had to leave the house (I don't blame him). Now he is kind of taking charge of the house and knocks my mom's cushions off the couch and sleeps on them. He is constantly by her side when she is home and is no longer shaking. I'm positive he can sense that my mom loves him and is doing her best to make him feel great!

Still no call from the owners. The main issue is that the girl's mom has been really great friends with my mom since before I was born (almost 30 yrs) so my mom doesn't feel great lying to them but she knows she has the upper hand in convinving them to surrender him. My mom thinks they haven't called because they know exactly what she will tell them: the truth.

The positive news is that this little guy is doing more than great in my mom's care and his loving and playful personality is slowly shining through! She said he really likes his new food and hasn't given her any trouble eating. She is slowly training him to use the wee wee pads (since she doesn't want him to go outside as much yet) and this morning she took him straight to the wee wee pad and he went both wee and poo on the pad! He is definitely taking big steps forward and we are thrilled!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nancy Wyant
Dog's Name: Mia
Heart

I thought he didn't look well either when I saw the picture. He looked so sad. His skin looks so pink and irritated that I bet the Earth shampoo felt good to him. His eyes look irritated as well.

I'd be horrified that somebody thought I would shave him like that, so I wouldn't be taking him out much either...He must have been really badly matted to shave him like that, ears and all. But the Mohawk is just nasty. Not cool, cute or anything but nasty.

He's so much better off now.
Advertisement