Poor little guy! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cory
Dog's Name: Bibu and Kissy
Send a message via Skype™ to Bibu
Default Poor little guy!

I am so frustrated but my SM family is the only family who will understand me.

To sum up the situation in as few word possible, my mom's friend's daughter got a Maltese (unfortunately from a pet store ) about 8 months ago from her boyfriend. She moved to Dominican Republic about 3 months ago and left her dog with her mom because she couldn't take him at the moment but her mom is really busy and left the dog with a friend for some time because she didn't have the time to be with him. We're at 3 homes at this point.

Well, yesterday, her mom called my mom and asked my mom if she could keep the dog for a month or so as she also had decided to move to Dominican Republic but that she couldn't take the dog with her just yet. 4 homes now! She dropped the poor baby off at my mom's house last night with a cheap bag of food and a Walgreens shampoo and that was all! Her daughter wants to come back in a month to pick him up and take him to DR with her but he doesn't even have a microchip nor his rabies vaccine for that! I checked online and they need to have a rabies vaccine AT LEAST 30 days before the departure. I really don't know how they are going to do it but it seems like the dog will be with my mom for a while.

My mind is atleast at peace knowing that he is with my mom because my mom is as crazy about dogs as I am. Her Lhasa Apso, Moty, passed away 2 years ago shy of 18 years of age! He was a spoiled little man and I know my mom only has a heart for great things with this little guy. She woke up early this morning and bathed him with an Earthbath shampoo that I had at her house (I leave a full set of doggy supplies at my mom's house for when I travel there) and rushed off to Petco to get him some healthy food, treats, a new bed and toys. She will begin weaning him onto the good food this evening.

The girl will fly out of the country often due to her job and who knows who she will leave this little guy with if she does indeed take him to live with her! Home 5, 6, 7???? OH NO!!! I told my mom to try to convince them to leave the dog with her and that we would find him a wonderful forever home.

My mom always said that after Moty passed away she would never have another dog but she indeed is beginning to love this little guy. It is difficult for her because she is in her 70's and has a limited income. Also, the poor little guy isn't house trained so he goes everywhere. She is going to work on getting him to go on the wee wee pad at night and let him out during the day.

If my mom can't keep this little guy, I will need your help to find him a wonderful home as he REALLY deserves it. It is a very difficult case but my mom describes him as such a sweet little guy so I'm sure he will have no problem in finding a forever home.

I will keep you updated on this thread. Here is a picture of him taken a few weeks back. The girl had shaved him completely because "she was too busy to brush his hair and he got all matted" but she shaved him into a Mohawk because it looked "cool". At this point that is all I think she thinks of the dog as a "cool accessory" and not a living human being! My mom will work on getting his coat back in shape. I rushed her a package with more necessary items like an extra Madan brush, some Biogroom waterless tearless shampoo, etc.

Any suggestions for my mom would be greatly appreciated as its the first time we deal with something like this. Unfortunately, I'm in ND and my mom is in FL so I'm not much of help to her except via phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Poor little guy!-sebastian.jpg  

Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Find him a fabulous forever home and tell the other people he died.

I'm not normally one to tell fibs but when the health and welfare of animals are at stake, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

By the way, I'm not kidding.

Last edited by IvysMom; 02-23-2013 at 01:29 PM.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka
Default Poor little guy!

Poor baby. This story makes me so angry.

Your mom is an angel to help this little guy.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

The other thing that works to get rid of a neglectful owner is to tell them the vet, room and board bill, training, etc for taking care of him is $_____ ($15 or however much /day is the going rate at local boarding kennels, plus food bill, plus vet bills) and will be payable in cash before they pick him up. Keep ALL receipts.

I can pretty much guarantee that will chase them off and you won't see them again.

Last edited by IvysMom; 02-23-2013 at 01:43 PM.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

OMG! What a pet owner. She does not deserve this Baby-Shes A Joke. And I Understand about your mom. But she tryin so hard. and you With all the worry.
You are so kind to be so involved with your heart as you are.

Please find a way not to let her have this baby-Whatever it takes Nothing but harm is headed its way. Better a little whit lie than to hear the pet is gone..
I would take this one right now. Tell her it ran away. God bless Nickee in Pa*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Vanilla

Going by the pic he does not look well. His eyes look red and swollen and that shaving job must of been traumatizing for him. Poor little guy. Giving a dog a mohawk look because it looked cool is outrageous. Shame on those owners.
Don't let him back to those people.So glad he's in your moms care right now.
poochie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marti
Dog's Name: Tanner, Frankie, Jamie, Kelsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
I'm not normally one to tell fibs but when the health and welfare of animals are at stake, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
I think this is a great idea. That baby should never go back to those irresponsible people.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

If your Mom wants to keep him (or you find a perfect forever home for him), just BEG the owners to let you buy him from them. I'd be happy to pitch in a few $ to get him away from these people. Oh and I'd be happy to help transport if that would be of assistance.

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."

Last edited by Summergirl73; 02-23-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post

I LOVE this option. A well placed lie is a good thing. IMO.
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

I like the idea of begging to purchase him too. I'd chip in on that one! BTW, this is how I got my first dog, Emma. I was "holding" her for 2 weeks until this other person could take her. AFter 2 days with her, I knew for sure that the future owner would not be a good one, and I had to keep her. Had her for 13 years....
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement