SM is Amazing & Teddy's legacy - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2017, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: April
Dog's Name: Rose & Lily, Teddy & Eva are (At Rainbow Bridge)
Default SM is Amazing & Teddy's legacy

Charles and I have read all your posts, and yes Sue, I did see yours. It is hard to know where to begin, but I'll do my best. All of you know the pain of losing a precious fur baby. Over the years we have been through a lot together. Never in my life have I experienced such love, selflessness, and compassion from so many when we lost our sweet Teddy. Charles and I are so grateful for all you have done. You have gone way beyond what anyone could or would do. Thank you so much for your condolences. They help a lot because you all understand. I was wrongly arrogant in thinking that I was the perfect pet parent because I never "lost" one..I thought only bad pet parents did that. I know now this is not true. What happened with Teddy was an unfortunate accident that can happen to anyone. Because of you and your overwhelming generosity, we were able to pay ALL of the bills associated with Teddy's search and rescue. Because of you, we were able to donate $750 to AMAR in Teddy's memory. We were not able to save Teddy, but hopefully, these funds will help save several Maltese and put them in loving homes where they will bring joy to someone else..We all did the very best we could..we did not get Teddy back the way we wanted, but because of your efforts, we did get him back. This does give us closure which is a blessing from the Lord. I have a lock of his hair and Good Shepherd is taking care of him now..His ashes will come back to us in a beautiful urn with his name engraved on it. One last thing..we never think one of our babies will run out the front door and then take off. I would encourage everyone that has not already done so, to keep some kind of gate or barrier between your babies and the door. Charles and I will never forget what you have done for us and Teddy..you all are amazing and we love you!

Old 03-15-2017, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sherry
Dog's Name: Riley and Sissy

sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

I'm just so sorry April and have been so deeply saddened by all of this. We are all feeling your pain and are grieving with you.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2017, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lynda
Dog's Name: Chloe, GiGi, Chachi & Katie

Chloe, GiGi, Chachi & Katie
lynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: (Dearest Babinka 06/09/14 at the Rainbow Bridge) Peppino, Tiny Tina, Momma Nellie & Mister Sqeaky

April,

Just know that we all grieve along side of you. Teddy touched so many people out there. I am still getting messages asking how you are doing, how they are heartbroken. It's kind of amazing how so many strangers all came together!
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilb View Post
Charles and I have read all your posts, and yes Sue, I did see yours. It is hard to know where to begin, but I'll do my best. All of you know the pain of losing a precious fur baby. Over the years we have been through a lot together. Never in my life have I experienced such love, selflessness, and compassion from so many when we lost our sweet Teddy. Charles and I are so grateful for all you have done. You have gone way beyond what anyone could or would do. Thank you so much for your condolences. They help a lot because you all understand. I was wrongly arrogant in thinking that I was the perfect pet parent because I never "lost" one..I thought only bad pet parents did that. I know now this is not true. What happened with Teddy was an unfortunate accident that can happen to anyone. Because of you and your overwhelming generosity, we were able to pay ALL of the bills associated with Teddy's search and rescue. Because of you, we were able to donate $750 to AMAR in Teddy's memory. We were not able to save Teddy, but hopefully, these funds will help save several Maltese and put them in loving homes where they will bring joy to someone else..We all did the very best we could..we did not get Teddy back the way we wanted, but because of your efforts, we did get him back. This does give us closure which is a blessing from the Lord. I have a lock of his hair and Good Shepherd is taking care of him now..His ashes will come back to us in a beautiful urn with his name engraved on it. One last thing..we never think one of our babies will run out the front door and then take off. I would encourage everyone that has not already done so, to keep some kind of gate or barrier between your babies and the door. Charles and I will never forget what you have done for us and Teddy..you all are amazing and we love you!
April, thank you for reaching out to your Spoiled Maltese family this morning. Teddy, you, and Charles, continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. We still grieve and are heartbroken ... along with you and Charles.

As I read what you wrote this morning ... once again, I could not hold back the tears. Although we couldn't bring Teddy back home to you in the way we had all wished ... I am grateful to know that you do have closure, and that you did get precious Teddy back, and have a lock of his hair.

In my prayers for you and Charles ... I always pray that you will feel Teddy's loving and angelic spirit surround you with comfort, peace, and love.

May our love for you and Teddy also help to bring you peace and comfort.

Last edited by Snowball Pie's Mommi; 03-15-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Snowball Pie's Mommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: jane and addison
Dog's Name: tinkerbelle and Petey

I have added Teddy to my grieving list. Yes I wish it was not getting longer. Knowing helps some but time and faith are the real cure for both of us. Hugs
jane and addison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie and Lucky (Lisa "Left Eye" at the bridge)

What a beautiful and gracious post. I've had you in my thoughts and hope you are doing ok, well, the best you can. I'm so grateful that you had the closure, it really does make a world of difference. My heart has been hurting for you so much over the past week... thank goodness Teddy will be resting with you. I also made sure to get a lock of Lisa's hair... it really does help.
CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marcia
Dog's Name: Polly

April, Teddy was a light and the rescue will take care of other fur babies in his memory. I know we are all grieving with you, knowing there but for the grace of god. I will continue to pray for you are Charles to heal.
Polly's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

April, thank you for checking in---I know you are still just beginning to taste the bitter cup of grief. We all needed to hear how you are doing, and don't presume to understand how hard all of this for you & Charles. While many of us know grief on a first name basis, it is still never the same as someone else's pain. So, to know that you are able even to write about what happened is encouraging. I know grief is not linear & you will revisit often a place you thought you had overcome. Sometimes it also comes at the most unexpected moments---so take your time & let us know how you are doing. We want to be here with you as you process even as we were in the "not knowing" phase. It helps us to be with you.

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement