Pee Pad safety tip - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2017, 09:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Do you think they sit around all day trying to think up ways to scare us? I seem to do that well enough on my own without the help of two little ones!
Thank you for the warning! Our heat in Europe is not the same as yours but it is good to know---something else to keep us awake at night.
I think so Sandi. In the past if Jodi didn't finish his dry kibble I'd leave it for him to munch on. Now I'm worried he might choke if I'm not there, so no more pieces left for snacks.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by summergirl1973 View Post
Brenda that is so scary!!! I have to tell you that I have a real fear of fire, so my vote is unplug it when you aren't home. My Grandma once had a fire because a dog knocked over a lamp (I think it was) and it lit the house on fire. Thankfully everyone was safe. I also lost a dear senior friend to a house fire. She could not get out in time. By the time we arrived the fire was out, but it was too late. We stood there devastated and stunned as the rescuers removed her from her home. She was a sassy senior with so much spunk. I loved her dearly, as did many others. Anyway, with all that said, I am so glad that you my friend are safe (and Jodi!), but I would count it as a blessing and turn that bad boy off! Big hugs .... you must have been so scared .

Well it would be no big deal to turn the bathroom baseboard heater off when I'm not at home, there's enough heat from other heaters.
I always unplug the toaster, kettle and coffeemaker when I'm not home I have a thing about that. And any chargers like the laptop or cell phone. Well now I'm not going to leave the lamps on when the cat is at home alone either! I don't leave them on during the day, but if I pop out, but it doesn't take long.
I do leave the tv on during the day - I hope that's not a hazard?

And what a terrible loss, how heartbreaking to lose your friend like that. I'm so sorry. Oh my, there are no words for that kind of loss.

No I was not too scared just a little alarmed to think that I've been putting a pee pad near this heater for years without thinking of this.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by summergirl1973 View Post
Brenda that is so scary!!! I have to tell you that I have a real fear of fire, so my vote is unplug it when you aren't home. My Grandma once had a fire because a dog knocked over a lamp (I think it was) and it lit the house on fire. Thankfully everyone was safe. I also lost a dear senior friend to a house fire. She could not get out in time. By the time we arrived the fire was out, but it was too late. We stood there devastated and stunned as the rescuers removed her from her home. She was a sassy senior with so much spunk. I loved her dearly, as did many others. Anyway, with all that said, I am so glad that you my friend are safe (and Jodi!), but I would count it as a blessing and turn that bad boy off! Big hugs .... you must have been so scared .

That's a sad story sorry for the loss of your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dgauthier is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2017, 10:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
KAG
Maltese Guru

Name: Kerry
Dog's Name: Lola and Crisse in Heaven, Darla and Fallon
Heart

Oh wow, Brenda! Yes, thank God you were home. How scary.
I thought you were going to say you slid on one and went flying. That's pretty scary, too. Lol.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAG View Post
Oh wow, Brenda! Yes, thank God you were home. How scary.
I thought you were going to say you slid on one and went flying. That's pretty scary, too. Lol.

I usually put one down in my parent's bathroom - I was just visiting them and constantly was on the alert to pick it up if I saw them heading for the bathroom so I could move the pad so they wouldn't slip. and of course sometimes I forgot but they didn't slip or complain it was there.

yes that could happen to me too -or any of us. lol. And worse if it was not a clean one, unless that is what you meant LOL ewwww