Innova purchased by Proctor & Gamble - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Innova purchased by Proctor & Gamble

Hi everyone, the pet store where I buy my dog food relayed to me today that Proctor & Gamble recently purchased Natura Pet Food who produces California Natural and Innova/Evo dog food. They are no longer going to sell California Natural and Innova/Evo anymore because of this. Has anyone heard about this?
sunngurrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Bad News - Proctor & Gamble Buys Natura Foods
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunngurrl View Post
Hi everyone, the pet store where I buy my dog food relayed to me today that Proctor & Gamble recently purchased Natura Pet Food who produces California Natural and Innova/Evo dog food. They are no longer going to sell California Natural and Innova/Evo anymore because of this. Has anyone heard about this?
Oh no! I've fed my girls Innova for years! What am I going to do??? I wonder why P&G bought Natura if they aren't going to produce this great food anymore.
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
Oh no! I've fed my girls Innova for years! What am I going to do??? I wonder why P&G bought Natura if they aren't going to produce this great food anymore.

I think what the original poster meant by "no longer selling" is that the place she purchases the food from will no longer carry it -- the manufacturer will still produce the food I'm sure.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Archie, Abbey, Ava, Mona Lisa and Tinker

Yes, i've heard about it. I've been feeding Innova for a long time and I hate to have to find a new food now.....

Archie, Ava and Abbey
Life is Good!!!....and keeps gettin' better!!!

To get to Ava's FB page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ava/2...9759780?ref=hl
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Ed Kennedy
Dog's Name: Sabina & Bambi

They are still going to make the Innova brand. The question is are they going to change the ingredients. Most large companies like P & G buy out brands like Natura because they have a good name in the dog food world. The problem is they make changes to the formulas and ingredients and the only thing that stays the same is the "NAME" When Eagle Pack was bought out they changed the formula and dogs that had been on it for years started getting sick. I have a couple of good friends that have stores that are not willing to wait and see if that happens with Innova. T
Old 07-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michele
Dog's Name: Lacy, Rylie, & London

I feed my cats EVO canned food for dinner. How will I know if they change the formula?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Nina
Dog's Name: Coco, Gizmo, Lilan
Default Replacing Innova

I was just wondering if anybody who's been feeding their pups Innova noticed any changes in their pups recently. We've been noticing major weight gains and appetite changes in our dogs the past couple months. They've been great on Innova for years and haven't changed their diets or the amount given. Recently, the chihuahuas are getting quite hefty and our maltese who never really favored Innova now devours it. They've been pooing so much more too. Something was definitely up!

We noticed this change after the start of a new bag of Innova and suspected that maybe the ingredients had changed. Then our dogwalker informed us of the Procter & Gamble buyout last yr and it all made sense! I researched it online and it was true. The new bag was probably reformulated. Now I gotta find another brand. Innova along with California Natural, the quality of the two brands I trusted have dwindled. I'm looking into NOW!, GO, or Acana but the stores around here doesn't seem to carry these brands. It's prob old news, but anyone going through the same issue?

check it out- 10 Best Dog Food Brands - Compare the Best Dog Food for your Fur Baby!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" target="_blank">

</a>
coco&nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco&nina View Post
I was just wondering if anybody who's been feeding their pups Innova noticed any changes in their pups recently. We've been noticing major weight gains and appetite changes in our dogs the past couple months. They've been great on Innova for years and haven't changed their diets or the amount given. Recently, the chihuahuas are getting quite hefty and our maltese who never really favored Innova now devours it. They've been pooing so much more too. Something was definitely up!

We noticed this change after the start of a new bag of Innova and suspected that maybe the ingredients had changed. Then our dogwalker informed us of the Procter & Gamble buyout last yr and it all made sense! I researched it online and it was true. The new bag was probably reformulated. Now I gotta find another brand. Innova along with California Natural, the quality of the two brands I trusted have dwindled. I'm looking into NOW!, GO, or Acana but the stores around here doesn't seem to carry these brands. It's prob old news, but anyone going through the same issue?

check it out- 10 Best Dog Food Brands - Compare the Best Dog Food for your Fur Baby!
Has anyone actually checked the ingredients list to see if they really did change any of the formulas? I feed Acana Pacifica & Acana Grasslands to my two, except for London who this week I just had to start on a limited canned diet for suspected IBD. She is eating California Natural Salmon & Sweet Potato canned food. I was aware P&G purchased Natura, but there are not many options for true limited canned diets that are grain-free. This is only temporary, but so far she is doing fine on it and I am not worried about her becoming ill from feeding California Natural...at least for the time being. Even before they were bought out, I would not have listed it in my top 5 dog food brands...although CN was still a fairly good brand...London will only be on it for a few months and if she needs a continued canned diet I will find something better.

Last edited by LJSquishy; 03-03-2011 at 10:16 PM.
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I have spoken with the rep from Innova and was told that P&G had no plans to change the formula. Who knows what will actually happen but the company says that the products will not change and they are committed to producing the same quality products that they have always produced. I still didn't bring it in to the store though there are other products that are just as good available.

For those of you looking for an alternative look into Go! Endurance from Petcurean.
wooflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement