So You Think You Can Avoid Pet Food Made in China? - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #21 (permalink)

Name: Barbara
Dog's Name: Abigail Lilly
Confused Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail Lilly View Post
I hope you get good news Crystal! I am going to wait to hear what you discover before I order two cases (minimum for free shipping.) I have too much dog food here now that I cannot use! I hope this one works for Abby. She is doing fine today. I appreciate your incredible knowledge.
About Addiction that is.....Have you had any that tend toward IBD that could not tolerate the Duck and Sweet Potato? Thank you.....
Abigail Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Zoe, Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin)

Thought I'd bump this thread and realized I never replied after talking to Addiction. Addiction's ingredients are all sourced either here in the US, New Zealand or Canada. All of their vitamins and minerals are sourced here in the US. Everything is processed here in the US. And no, they do not use Irradiation.

I checked on PetCurean too. PetCurean does source some of their things from some European countries like Duck. It comes from France. But everything else is sourced from Canada, US and NZ. Everything is processed in Canada. And they do get their Taurine from China. There is less than 0.15% in their formulas and they have the Taurine tested in a facility in Alberta, Canada. And no irradiation.
Crystal&Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #23 (permalink)

Default stressedowner needs help

Ive been trying to post my own post and its very hard to find where and how to do it I need help with my dog and would like some feedback but dont know how to post my own thread need help new member
stressedowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Zoe, Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedowner View Post
Ive been trying to post my own post and its very hard to find where and how to do it I need help with my dog and would like some feedback but dont know how to post my own thread need help new member
Just go to the appropriate section that the subject of your post would fall under. Then in the upper left corner you'll see a 'New Thread' button to click on. It will then open a window for you to type in the title of your thread and the body of your initial post in that thread.

Crystal&Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

I normally feed home cooked (steamed rice with veggies) with raw eye of round steaks. We also add whatever leftover meat we were eating (because he wants the same thing we had). So he has a variety of meat (always lean). But since he does not always eat in the morning and we cannot leave home cooked out all day long, we put down some Natural Ultramix Lamb & Rice from Castor & Pollux. On top we put a few pieces of cheese or ham to entice him to eat a little. Most of the times he will eat only the cheese or the ham. We want him to eat a little bit in the morning to avoid having him throw up some bile because of an empty stomach. It says it is Made in the USA and has no corn, no soy and no wheat. Does not have artificial colors or preservatives. But now I am wondering.
MalteseJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysmom View Post
Good for you for digging deeper, Crystal! I just emailed Fromm's this morning with questions about the source of their fish.

Bottomline is that these suppliers don't have to disclose to the pet food companies where the fish is processed and since most are processed in China, I have a bad feeling about Fromm's also.

I may have to consider Grandma Lucy's now.
I am appauled that they do not have to disclose where they are having the fish processed at. It should be public knowledge. We have a right to know what our fur pets are eating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement