bad food? - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Send a message via MSN to denise&chico Send a message via Yahoo to denise&chico

Thank you guys going to do some more reading!

Old 10-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

I think it would be fine to try freshpet, the protien is high quality and the product itself contains quite a bit of moisture. There are several here that feed it full time with great results. Last time I checked, the rolls sold at the supermarket were all life stages, and the types sold at petshops should be as well.

Freshpet Fresh & Natural Pet Food For Dogs & Cats l Healthy Dog Treats
Old 10-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

I agree it can be so difficult and frustrating with all the different points of view. I really think you do the best you can and find a food you feel good about, and if your baby is doing well on it....is happy....stick with it. Every dog is different....our Golden Retriever lived until he was over 13 and when we first got him, we fed him Iams....for a number of years....before we were told it was crap food and he should be on other stuff. We fed all sorts of different high quality foods....until he needed to be on a weight loss formula. He lost all the weight he needed too....then we switched him to something else that the vet recommended for his teeth....blah blah blah. At the end of the day, he was a happy very healthy dog on all those foods! my friend said her husbands family fed their dog "kibbles and Bits" until he died at like 15! Not that I would feed my dog that food.....but, my point is, who knows what really is the best for your pup?
We feed Max (our Maltese puppy) Blue Buffalo, small breed puppy. He loves it and is doing well on it....growing and loads of energy. We did feed our little Yorkie the Blue Buffalo, toy breed formula (she is 11 yrs old) and she loved it, but the protein levels were too high for her and she did get sick. So, she is on Amicus for small breeds. She seems good now.
YOu just have to do some research, and feed them what you feel is best, and watch to see how they do.....swithcing around isnt good for them either. Good luck!
Max&Roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Send a message via MSN to denise&chico Send a message via Yahoo to denise&chico

After all that LOL She has ben oing well on blue small breed puppy Fresh pet here and there Thanks everyone my lil ankle biter is a happy camper
Old 11-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Katie
Dog's Name: Charlie

Oh my goodness, the food related topics are always confusing. With Charlie being picky eater, I'm always on the hunt. I really like Fromm Pork and Applesauce formula and Royal canin.

I have a question about the Diamond company. There was some recall talk few months ago. What is going on with that brand? I did not feed that one, but my friend used to.

Thanks for any help.

Katie

Charlie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement