The Honest Kitchen - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie'sMom View Post
Ok, I need to check this out...I'm always on the hunt for a good food. Charlie gets bored pretty fast.
Do you guys think I could mix it with his kibble? Would the protein levels get really high that way?
From reading I know there are people who mix it with kibble, some of the formulas have higher protein content then others, many are very reasonable. I do know that high quality protein with higher water content is not as worrisome as kibble with no water and high protein content (especially from low quality sources). I really think protein content is misunderstood, even for small breeds, but, perhaps I'm wrong. I am no expert.

Still, I always rotate formulas and with the different levels within the brand, I am not personally worried about one formula being higher.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka, Peppino and Tiny Tina

I made my boyfriend try some.... hehehe I know!!! he didnt like it. I wonder if thats why my three wont eat it :-)
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

They love it! The samples came in today and they had it for dinner. I got the DH to agree to let me keep it as regular for one of there meals (after he suggested I just start feeding them gold). He kinda thought it was neat once he saw them really chowing down on it Rocky kept circling his bowl to try to get every last bit. We had the LOVE formula tonight. I have it and a sample box of KEEN on hand, I will order a full box of one of the all life stages formulas in a few days. I'm excited!!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbeme View Post
They love it! The samples came in today and they had it for dinner. I got the DH to agree to let me keep it as regular for one of there meals (after he suggested I just start feeding them gold). He kinda thought it was neat once he saw them really chowing down on it Rocky kept circling his bowl to try to get every last bit. We had the LOVE formula tonight. I have it and a sample box of KEEN on hand, I will order a full box of one of the all life stages formulas in a few days. I'm excited!!
You're funny Shelly, you get as excited about "dog food" as my hubby does for "people food" if I have a question about food for the dog's, I'm coming straight to you!! LOL

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabies mom View Post
You're funny Shelly, you get as excited about "dog food" as my hubby does for "people food" if I have a question about food for the dog's, I'm coming straight to you!! LOL

Haha I am a little obsessed
Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Honest kitchen is a hit with Gustave. He gets kibble for lunch and dinner but his breeder wanted him to eat wet food at least for one meal till he turns an year old. He gets Fromm canned food which he loves and now he loves honest kitchen just as much.

I am very happy about this since I find it to be a lot less messy than canned food.
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

This looks messy xx
Old 12-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

I just ordered the Embark and Force flavors in the 4oz sizes and will try those out. I'm thinking of using a touch less water so that it's not so soupy and messy. I think Obi is getting bored of his Fromm kibble so I want to vary it up a little. I'll report back how he likes it.

What flavors do your pups like best (for those who feed THK)? and how much do you prepare at once? how much does your dog eat in one meal (dry amount prior to adding water?) What do you do with the leftover? Does anyone stick it in the fridge and feed for a few days?

Last edited by hoaloha; 12-28-2012 at 07:53 PM.
hoaloha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
I just ordered the Embark and Force flavors in the 4oz sizes and will try those out. I'm thinking of using a touch less water so that it's not so soupy and messy. I think Obi is getting bored of his Fromm kibble so I want to vary it up a little. I'll report back how he likes it.

What flavors do your pups like best (for those who feed THK)? and how much do you prepare at once? how much does your dog eat in one meal (dry amount prior to adding water?) What do you do with the leftover? Does anyone stick it in the fridge and feed for a few days?

I got samples, I don't remember of what , but they loved it. Then I ordered a big box of Thrive, they loved it. Then Tucker didn't want to eat it anymore, then Rocky started to get picky, then Rocky threw it up all over the place. I don't think there is anything wrong with the food, I think it's my dogs We have a large box, they will finish it!

I normally do equal parts of powder and water. The Thrive, from what I understand, is not always the most popular, taste-wise with dogs. I guess it's a bit different as it has quinoa to make it gluten free. I will continue to use THK as something different for the dogs now and then.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Gustave loves all flavors. Gustave loves anything that can be eaten, and some things that can't, haha!

We've tried all flavors except the vegetarian one and currently Gustave eats Thrive and Embark, mostly because they are 'all life stages'.

I eyeball the amount but I would say he gets about 4 tbps AFTER mixing with water. Sometimes I mix twice that amount and put the leftover in the fridge for the next morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Last edited by eiksaa; 12-28-2012 at 08:49 PM.
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement