Do you notice a difference? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean
Default Do you notice a difference?

One of the many things I do when I check out a new food, is I look to see what the dogs are eating their food look like. Sometimes I can find these on the company website-testimonials, sometimes I find it on their facebook pages.

Now, with Fromm I see a big difference, all the animals I see posted look like they have sleek, shiny, lush coats-it's consistant enough that I'm a believer. That being said, the only time I really noticed anything great about the boys coats was when they ate the grain free surf and turf.

Then again, I wonder if it's possible to notice a big difference on our fluffs seeing as how most of them are bathed weekly in expensive shampoos. Thoughts on this? Does food really make a difference in coat? Any brands you have seen that made a big difference?

As for energy levels, when THK is fed regularly I noticed the boys have a great deal of excess energy. I'm now sure how I feel about this. (I mean that semi-jokingly). I have not yet noticed any coat difference on THK, but then again-I go back to what I said previously, perhaps it's not so easy to see on our dogs?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

When I got Hardy(Yorkie from BYB, didn't know better) his coat was dull and his skin flakey . My vet recommended Earthborn Holistic small breed. His coat stayed black instead of turning grey, or blue. After feeding him Earthbirn, his coat became so shiny and the flakes went away I still switch from Fromm to Earthborn now and then. Violet has a beautiful shiny coat too. I think that it might be hard to tell on Malts, as you say we bath them every week and condition them. I don't know about the energy level, mine always have a lot if energy, but there are 4 so they play together.

Furbabies mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: Maizy

I posted on the differences i had noticed since feeding fromm, we are on our 2nd bag of grain free 1st game bird and now we are on surf and turf, then i am going to try beef frittata.

I think maizys coat is looking the best it ever has however i made 2 other significant changes at the same time firstly getting a madan brush abd secondly introducing a seperate conditioner in addition to mango tango which is shampoo and conditioner in one.

I have also noticed an improvement in tear staining however also very difficult as this could be due to it now being winter so no seasonal allergies.

I have not noticed any behaviour changes!

I think she is doing great on it and loves it but im uncertain whether the apperance of her coat are attributed to the food change or a combination of changes!!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shirley Ng
Dog's Name: Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbeme View Post
One of the many things I do when I check out a new food, is I look to see what the dogs are eating their food look like. Sometimes I can find these on the company website-testimonials, sometimes I find it on their facebook pages.

Now, with Fromm I see a big difference, all the animals I see posted look like they have sleek, shiny, lush coats-it's consistant enough that I'm a believer. That being said, the only time I really noticed anything great about the boys coats was when they ate the grain free surf and turf.

Then again, I wonder if it's possible to notice a big difference on our fluffs seeing as how most of them are bathed weekly in expensive shampoos. Thoughts on this? Does food really make a difference in coat? Any brands you have seen that made a big difference?

As for energy levels, when THK is fed regularly I noticed the boys have a great deal of excess energy. I'm now sure how I feel about this. (I mean that semi-jokingly). I have not yet noticed any coat difference on THK, but then again-I go back to what I said previously, perhaps it's not so easy to see on our dogs?

I just bought surf and turf!! And going to try every flavor after he finishes each small bag.
jenna123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement