Bad Allergy case, need advise on food - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnoemi View Post
I went to Natural Pawz today, the did not know about Zignature... so I went to another store and the guy recommended California Naturals. I ended up buying the venison grain free, they loved it but now I saw your posts and the recalls and I am worried! I might order Zignature!

I would just keep an eye on them and see if the California Natural's works for them. See, Rocky is intollerant to some foods (and I don't know which yet) so when he eats Fromm grain free, he vomits every time, same thing now on The Honest Kitchen. I could post that and make them sound like really bad foods, but it's not the foods, it's my dog. I don't think there is anything wrong with giving the California Natural a chance-there will always be dogs that get sick on it due to whatever allergies or intollerances they have.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

I can't get either the California Naturals or Zignature in my area but since there is more variety in the Grain Free of the California Natural's i ordered a small bag of the Grain Free Venison and the Grain Free Lamb from - california natural grain free - Free Shipping at Chewy.com and then i'll order the Grain Free Salmon and Pea and Kangaroo and Red Lentil since i like to have a good variety of proteins to rotate with, can't do chicken since my one girl is allergic to poultry (if it has feathers she's allergic) i just hope that she does as well on the California Naturals as she did on NB years ago. I guess i never even gave California Naturals a thought since it's not something that's readily available for us to try. I just wish Fromm had an LID line since i think it's a wonderful food and will probably continue to feed the other 3 Fromm since they do so well on it and don't have food allergies or food sensitivities.

Last edited by mysugarbears; 12-23-2012 at 10:51 PM.
mysugarbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Name: Leira
Dog's Name: Sophie and Sarah

I'll try california and see how they do since they have been excited about it! let me know how Rocky does with zignature!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
lnoemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

Name: Leira
Dog's Name: Sophie and Sarah

i have california natural venison and a sample of lamb... i gave them a couple of lamb kibbles and couple of venison and initially they both chose lamb, but then ate venison just fine... but ive seen its hard for them to eat it the kibble is kind of big...

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
lnoemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement