Freshpet food - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Yoshie (at the bridge), Buckley (Chi)
Default Freshpet food

Anyone use it or know about it? I am feeding my Yoshie Taste Of The Wild pacific stream canine formula with smoked salmon in gravy..he was on Wellness whitefish and sweet potato but the place i get that at is out and don't know when it'll be in so i had to get something else. We only have 2 places in my town that sell the "better" food and i know i could've ordered online but he woulda ate nothing for a few days unless it was our food. The vet we took him to Monday looked at his bare spots on his legs and his "dryish" skin and said it's allergies which i am glad to know cuz the other vet just told us he didn't know what was wrong . I searched online for different stuff, have tried different foods, changed shampoos, tried the hot spot meds/shampoo, an antibacterial shampoo, oatmeal shampoo, allergy meds and nothing seemed to work....he chewed himself raw and ripped his hair out but now we have a diagnosis and i am just trying to find what will help my baby.
luvmybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

I'm not familiar with food allergies, though there are some members here that are. I sometimes add a little fresh pet to their regular Kibble.

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Glenda
Dog's Name: Madison, Axel and Paxton
Send a message via AIM to Madison's Mom

Mine ate FreshPet Deli Fresh for awhile. I thought it was really good food. But not the one from WalMart, only PetSmart. I found they were different formulas and they would turn their noses up at the WalMart one! I stopped buying it when I had to go out of town for a few weeks...didnt want DoggyDaddy to have to cut up the slces.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Hi there. Freshpet is a GREAT food and it comes from what I believe is a GREAT company. I think it's excellent if you are considering making that your dogs primary diet.

That being said, at this point, I would probably try to find a vet that can help you more with the allergy situation. After all that you've done, perhaps it's not food allergies? It could be environmental allergies. You can have allergy testing done-which many argue is unreliable, and actually if you can find a holistic vet, I think that's your best bet.

I am hoping Tori sees your post and replies. She has a holistic vet and deals with doggie allergies, she is very knowledgeable when it comes to this
Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

I use FreshPet Vital for part of their evening meal. It's too high in protein to feed all the time but they love it so it makes a nice dinner time treat.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Yoshie (at the bridge), Buckley (Chi)

Thanks for all the replies! I had him tested at his regular vet and was told I don't know what's wrong with him cost me over $800 to find out nothing. I don't have much faith in any vets to be honest cuz a couple years ago he was holding his back leg up and when you would touch it to see what was wrong he would cry out in pain so we took him to the vet hospital (only place open) and after xrays, exam was told nothing is wrong and he shouldn't be holding it up or crying..excuse me but he wouldn't be doing that if nothing was wrong and yes i told her that and she just looked at me and that cost me $250. Yes he is worth every dime spent but it's a lil disappointing to find out nothing ya know?! The one we took him to for kennel cough told me it's allergies but could be to anything and most times changing foods doesn't help. She said there's shots, steroids and i can't remember what else but she said they don't always help either. I just want the best for my lil guy and feel helpless cuz i can't help him.
luvmybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement