Fromm Shredded Chicken canned? - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka
Default Fromm Shredded Chicken canned?

If you're responding to my comment, there's nothing wrong with beef. It's just me. I have never eaten beef so it makes me squeamish.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilb View Post
I saw that Barbara..what is the difference?
The one you bought has more of a variety of flavors etc. If I were you and your just using it to add to kibble I would use the one I use the Chicken Pate....its soft and would mix better than the shredded with dry food.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: April
Dog's Name: Rose, Lily, & Eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
The one you bought has more of a variety of flavors etc. If I were you and your just using it to add to kibble I would use the one I use the Chicken Pate....its soft and would mix better than the shredded with dry food.
Thanks so much Barbara for your help..will do!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwyant1946 View Post
So I shouldn't feed beef? Just chicken and lamb???
Beef is perfectly fine to feed..I do not feed it because it produces more ammonia than chicken or fish which would not be good for Malts with MVD or other liver issues...I suspect that one of mine has MVD, although she has not been officially diagnosed..I feed her a whitefish based diet with low protein, and she is thriving...she also loves chicken and turkey.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilb View Post
It IS pricey! Thankfully, one can will last a long time...it looks and smells just like people food..with 3, we do mostly dry but I add a small spoonful of canned to mix it with..
With my two I too use kibble. I add some fresh pet to top of kibble, but I"m taking them off it. Almost gone. I tried the shredded chicken one night and I must have put too much in the bowl, because they were a MESS April! Anyway it was too expensive for us. But it sure is good dog food. Mine just love the wild game bird Fromm kibble right now. Fromm foods seem so natural to me. I'm trying to imagine yours with Fromm shredded chicken on their faces..... just kidding, I know you don't use that much.

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marti
Dog's Name: Tanner, Frankie, Jamie, Kelsey

Hey April, none of mine eat beef either & for the same reason. Tanner does have MVD and his ALT yesterday was 98. Lowest it's ever been. So all they eat is chicken. I used to buy Weruva shredded chicken and mix that with the other canned food. But like you saw, the price was just sky high. And it was all chicken, nothing else. So I started pressure cooking a couple of chickens every week, much less expensive.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieMom View Post
With my two I too use kibble. I add some fresh pet to top of kibble, but I"m taking them off it. Almost gone. I tried the shredded chicken one night and I must have put too much in the bowl, because they were a MESS April! Anyway it was too expensive for us. But it sure is good dog food. Mine just love the wild game bird Fromm kibble right now. Fromm foods seem so natural to me. I'm trying to imagine yours with Fromm shredded chicken on their faces..... just kidding, I know you don't use that much.
Yes, too messy!!! I'm not going to feed it again for that reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner's Mom View Post
Hey April, none of mine eat beef either & for the same reason. Tanner does have MVD and his ALT yesterday was 98. Lowest it's ever been. So all they eat is chicken. I used to buy Weruva shredded chicken and mix that with the other canned food. But like you saw, the price was just sky high. And it was all chicken, nothing else. So I started pressure cooking a couple of chickens every week, much less expensive.
I'm with you..I don't like any canned food that is soupy for Maltese..great idea on cooking the chickens.
I think that is what I will do...and it freezes well, too. 98 is a great ALT! Last check Eva's was 154 which is not real high but she is due next month for another panel and I am hoping hers will be down...she has been doing great!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

Quote:
Marti-I used to use a pressure cooker yrs ago. I need new one. What a good idea and fast .
Thx

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: Rocky

Quote:
I have a pressure cooker and love to make chicken in it. How do you cook it for Tanner? Rocky will do anything for chicken! Do you use whole chicken or parts and what liquid do you put in? Thanks!

Rocky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement