Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Fromm Shredded Chicken canned?

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Rocky's Mom 
#1 ·
I bought a can of this food to try as a topper for my girls..I paid $4.00 for just one can..does this sound right?? To me, this is really expensive...would like opinions please...thanks.

#15 ·
With my two I too use kibble. I add some fresh pet to top of kibble, but I"m taking them off it. Almost gone. I tried the shredded chicken one night and I must have put too much in the bowl, because they were a MESS April! :w00t: Anyway it was too expensive for us. But it sure is good dog food.:thumbsup: Mine just love the wild game bird Fromm kibble right now. Fromm foods seem so natural to me. I'm trying to imagine yours with Fromm shredded chicken on their faces.....:HistericalSmiley: just kidding, I know you don't use that much.

#14 ·
Beef is perfectly fine to feed..I do not feed it because it produces more ammonia than chicken or fish which would not be good for Malts with MVD or other liver issues...I suspect that one of mine has MVD, although she has not been officially diagnosed..I feed her a whitefish based diet with low protein, and she is thriving...she also loves chicken and turkey.

#16 ·
Hey April, none of mine eat beef either & for the same reason. Tanner does have MVD and his ALT yesterday was 98. Lowest it's ever been. So all they eat is chicken. I used to buy Weruva shredded chicken and mix that with the other canned food. But like you saw, the price was just sky high. And it was all chicken, nothing else. So I started pressure cooking a couple of chickens every week, much less expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.