Cheerios is a winner!! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nancy Wyant
Dog's Name: Mia
Heart Cheerios is a winner!!

Okay, she loves Cheerios...so Cheerios are the treat of choice in this house from now on. A few before bedtime will hopefully keep away the empty stomach syndrome in the morning.
nwyant1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Nancy iam so glad she liked them-I told you Yogi does.
I Really think there is alot of people who treat with these.
alot better then some of the junk with poisons being sold in petstores. Hugs to Mia*

Last edited by Yogi's Mom; 03-08-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Yoshie (at the bridge), Buckley (Chi)

Yoshie loves cheerios and since this last vet confirmed his allergies are environmental when i took him last week for his ears (double ear infection) i decided to give him some and see how it went and so far he is doing fine.

Mary
luvmybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Okay.....just remember that six cheerios for her is akin to a full bowl for you...and also, cheerios are mostly sugar and processed oat and wheat flour. I like to have a cookie once in a while. Just be sure that you recognize that, inspite of commercials that imply Cheerios are a healthful food...they are sugar and processed grains. Cheerios are okay as decadent treat, if you recognize them as just that. If you think they are good for you or your pet you might be influenced by the commercials that...imply...do not state empirically, only suggest the possibility, that eating Cheerios could possibly, in some universe, reduce cholesterol.
Not in this universe. Not in a world where processed grains contributes to high cholesterol in beans. Oats in there whole form have so much fiber that it works like a brush to clean your "gut." Even "old fashioned oats" are processed to be easier to eat...and without the benefits of "whole oats>" Oat groats...yay...they take an hour to cook, two hours to chew.

Just sayin......General Mills is not your friend.

Just sayin' Cheerios are okay, if you view them as...say...candy.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Heart

During the day she gets one or two at a time. She likes a little treat after her walks...at bedtime she will get four or five to keep away the empty tummy thingy in the morning. It worked well last night.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Chrissy and Snuggles get a few every morning and love them. As long as it "works" for Mia, then I would say continue what you are doing. I do not think that giving our fluffs a couple of Cheerios will have that much of an adverse affect on them. It is not as though they are eating bowls and bowls of them.
Snuggle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Bella would tilt the universe on it's head for a cheerios treat . So glad you found something to ease those tummy troubles.

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Heart

She likes BB Bluebits too and will probably get more BB Bluebits than Cheerios in the long run, but I know I wouldn't want the same thing day in and day out, so I was looking for something to alternate the Bluebits with. The Fruitables seemed okay at first, and then she just completely rejected them unless I rolled them around in her wet food...So I wasted $15 on those...I'm glad she likes the bluebits...so those and Cheerios are going to be mainstay treats in this house. I can even switch off the two at night for her bedtime snack.

I guess I'm just afraid of giving her stuff that isn't good for her. I never thought I would ever be so concerned over what to feed a dog...but she is so much more than a dog to me in just the short time we've had her that I want her to be healthy for a long time..

Last edited by nwyant1946; 02-11-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Sammy

I'm definitely going to try this too, I don't like Sammy having too much toast. He only half eat his dinner last night and we heard the gurgly noise at 5 this morning so that was up even earlier to let him eat incase he was sick. Cheerios it will be

Sammy
lols82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Heart

Yes, it helped. I didn't hear any gurgling this morning and no throwing up either. So I was happy. Its been hard finding stuff that she likes. As I said before, the Fruitables were good for one or two times and then she wouldn't even touch them. Which is a shame, because I know they are good for her. But it isn't much of a treat if you don't like it...LOL That would be like giving me creamed corn as a treat. I DON'T THINK SO!!!! OMG!!! NO!!! So, I'm happy I found something that she thinks is really special..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement