Bayou Dry Face Water Bowls - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Send a message via AIM to Kutsmail1 Send a message via MSN to Kutsmail1 Send a message via Yahoo to Kutsmail1

When I read the topic on where to purchase these, I immediately contacted Crystal and ordered one for Zippy. I got it in fast, washed it, and started using it.

Zippy doesn't seem to be responding well. I think we have been using it 5 or 6 days. I have water out in a couple of places in the house for her so she has it upstairs and downstairs. She usually drinks upstairs since that is where I am a majority of the time. She isn't drinking much.

I wash water bowls daily. With the little lip aound the top of this bowl, I am making sure I wash under it as well so there is nothing yukky that builds up.

Have any of you had yours longer, and if so, was there an adjustment period? Any hints or ideas? It is such a pretty bowl! I got the one with grapes and leaves...and I love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Puppy and Beegee

QUOTE (Kutsmail1 @ Jan 30 2010, 08:34 AM)
Quote:
When I read the topic on where to purchase these, I immediately contacted Crystal and ordered one for Zippy. I got it in fast, washed it, and started using it.

Zippy doesn't seem to be responding well. I think we have been using it 5 or 6 days. I have water out in a couple of places in the house for her so she has it upstairs and downstairs. She usually drinks upstairs since that is where I am a majority of the time. She isn't drinking much.

I wash water bowls daily. With the little lip aound the top of this bowl, I am making sure I wash under it as well so there is nothing yukky that builds up.

Have any of you had yours longer, and if so, was there an adjustment period? Any hints or ideas? It is such a pretty bowl! I got the one with grapes and leaves...and I love it![/B]
We didn't have an adjustment period at all. Our pups both love it. I don't think they enjoyed getting their faces wet before...
Old 01-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Ashley
Dog's Name: Perri

I have one at my house and one at my parent's for Perri. He drinks out of them fine, and their dog does too. I was afraid he'd have an issue with it since he didn't like a fountain bowl I tried a long time ago, but he took right to it.
PreciousPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: CeeCee (Jacob Maltese) Rain (Bonnie's Angel)

Mine love the bowl but they didn't take to it right off, it did take time. Just make sure you put fresh water and I would take up the other bowls so that he would have to learn to drink from it. I never worry about wet muzzles anymore!!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Maureen
Dog's Name: Cherry Lola, (Bonnies Angels) Penny Lane, (Spunsilk)

No adjustment period for Lola. She still seems to get a wet muzzle though. Typical Lola

silverhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Zoe, Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin)

QUOTE (CeeCee's Mom @ Jan 30 2010, 11:26 AM)
Quote:
Mine love the bowl but they didn't take to it right off, it did take time. Just make sure you put fresh water and I would take up the other bowls so that he would have to learn to drink from it. I never worry about wet muzzles anymore!!!![/B]
I think Dianne is right. I'd take up your other water bowls. It's so easy to go back to what you are accustomed to.

Mine took to theirs right away. And I will often put ours out when other little fluffs come into the store and their mommy's and daddy's are always so surprised when they go to it and drink after playing. I think they can smell water.

QUOTE (Silverhaven @ Jan 30 2010, 11:58 AM)
Quote:
No adjustment period for Lola. She still seems to get a wet mussel though. Typical Lola [/B]
LOL...Lola....gotta love her. She does things the "Lola" way.
Crystal&Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

No adjustment period here. We got ours from Crystal (above) and my only wish is that I could find something similar for their food. Especially Toto, his moustache and ears always end up wearing some of his breakfast or dinner. I often find myself doing this wondering how the longer haired malts manage their food....

Deb, Toto & Tuffy
totallytotontuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Ashley
Dog's Name: Perri

^^ Deb, have you tried banding their moustaches during dinner? I find that helps a lot.
Also, I'm thinking about getting one of these dishes. (The smaller cat one though)
PreciousPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Zoe, Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin)

QUOTE (PreciousPrince @ Jan 30 2010, 05:11 PM)
Quote:
^^ Deb, have you tried banding their moustaches during dinner? I find that helps a lot.
Also, I'm thinking about getting one of these dishes. (The smaller cat one though)[/B]
I really like the principle of these dishes but I just thought I'd mention to be sure and get them without the pedestal. Jackie had a thread recently about bloat and the article she referenced said elevated dog dishes is one possible cause for bloat.

http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?...22&hl=bloat
Crystal&Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Suzan
Dog's Name: Keiko & Nikki

Nikki didn't have much of an adjustment issue, it was just like anything else, something different for her, but she got used to it pretty quickly.
Nikki's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement