want this face hair cut fort my girls??? - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

I want to say "No! Don't do it!" but, I totally understand, I chopped Tuck's topknot the other day because of issues with it poking him in the eyes and getting tangles. It was pretty devistating for me (though I think he's enjoying it). It's kinda tough to keep it done well on the puppies, I'm thinking we'll try again when he gets older and settles a bit.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I need some suggestion anybody have pictures for face haircuts for Becky she likes to play alot and her hair is always a big mess in her face we can hardly see her eyes and its all in her eyes and the eyes get irritatated she hates me fixing her hair i must have to about 10 or more times a day !!!!! so suggestions would well apreciated
aksm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Name: Stacey
Dog's Name: Chloe & Nemo

I cut my Chloe's top knot off and her face short, very similar to your picture and I love and I think she does too. It reminds me of when she was a puppy. The only bad part is how fast it grows out, I trim it frequently.
Chloes mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloes mom View Post
I cut my Chloe's top knot off and her face short, very similar to your picture and I love and I think she does too. It reminds me of when she was a puppy. The only bad part is how fast it grows out, I trim it frequently.

can you please post pics of Chloes face
Old 11-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie'sMom View Post
I think Becky's beautiful. Honestly.
I don't quite understand why are people so scared to cut the hair on the head. Knots or not - Malts are destined to be cuties.
I think if your groomer knows what to do, Becky will look GREAT.
In the worst case - it's only a hair. It will grow back.

PS: Try country poodle cut with shorter body and longer legs. It would look fantastic on her.
I have to say, yes hair grows back, but it take a long time...a really long time. It could take a year or longer of misery to get back to hair that is long enough to tie out of the way. I deeply regret cutting Ray's top knot off. In my opinion, if you chose to cut it, you should be prepared to keep cutting it forever. It completely changes the look, so if you like the look go for it, but if you prefer the classic look DO NOT cut it.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

She looks great. My experience is that groomers never, ever do what you want. I think she looks beautiful and if she does get groomed she can pull it off. She is gorgeous!
Zoe's Mom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I love her picture on the seventh thread last photo of thread. I think that the picture you asked about would not look good on her (I am being totally honest) I think it would be a nightmare growing out.

She is a pretty little girl so you do what you think is the best for her and you.

I just cut Rylee's mustache, beard, and ears. The ears are as long as her mustache. I cut it myself so it is not close to being even but the fact that it is not perfect makes her look cute.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle
Dog's Name: Maisie Rose

I say leave it for now. I had Maisie's top knot cut off, she looked really cute when it was first done but not after a couple of weeks so we grew it back and it was horrible while growing back.
I totally know what you mean by their messy hair and hard playing and the band I put in that doesn't break her hair always fell out. I just keep putting them back in.
Becky is soooooo cute and would look great either way but I love how she looks now
Old 11-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cory
Dog's Name: Bibu and Kissy
Send a message via Skype™ to Bibu

Bibu & Kissy have similar cuts to the one you're looking for (except for the long ears). You can see them in my siggy. I think Becky would look great in a cut like that just make sure they don't cut the hair near the eyes so it doesn't poke them.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

well thank you guys my DH and daughters dont want me to cut it off i will be patient sure she will calm down and the one that still need to grow will be long enough not to fall in her eyes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement