Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

It looks like she will be ok

1K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  Just A Girl 
#1 ·
"Little Girl" was very sick with Pancreatitis or a virus in the GI (the Vet could not quite tell me what it is). She was hospitalized for 2 days with IV and all kind of blood tests to determine what is the cause.

She couldn't hold up her food. But I am glad to say that today, for the first time she did eat and held her food in.

Little Girl is the one with the red bow/purple bow.

Unfortunately I did not have Health insurance for her when she got sick and $1,000 later, I couldn't call PetPlan fast enough to get her and Pallina Valentina a Health Insurance (Poupetta already has insurance).

And....Diamonds are dog's best friends:wub:

And Poupetta...voted too:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

See less See more
#8 ·
Our Chase has Pancreatitis and colitis. He only eats Prescription Diet z/d, dry and canned. That is the ONLY food that he can eat and even his treats are z/d kibble. He does well and loves the food.

Same here, Jodi only eats a prescription (low fat) diet after pancreatitis. for treats he only gets veggies, carrot & broccoli. There are others but that's all he likes. Jodi loves the food too.

#12 ·
Glad that Little Girl is feeling better. Oh and we have the PetPlan Insurance for Bella too. We've made A LOT of cuts in our budget this last year, but Bella's pet insurance is something that we are determined to keep....just in case ;) .

#14 ·
I am so happy to hear that Little Girl is feeling better. That sounds like what happened to Heidi after she had a bad reaction to her distemper vaccine. Things were coming out of her from both ends and she had to be hospitalized for a few days and put on an IV because she was so dehydrated. We never allowed her to get the distemper vaccine again after that.

#21 ·
I meant to say:ThankYou: for all your kind and encouraging messages.

Little Girl is in the background picture with the purple bows, resting, and yes
I actually feed her I/D Hill food and mix it with omelet and for the time being,
she was able to keep it down. :aktion033::chili::aktion033:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.