Hey!!! So let's see your Christmas tree - or holiday decorations!! - Page 7 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #61 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nora
Dog's Name: Cici
Send a message via Yahoo to BellaNotte

I love everyone's decorations, they're so beautiful! I especially like the maltese/doggie ornaments I've seen . I'll have to get some of those! or for next year at least.

Here's the nativity my mom did:

I had to blur out the mess in the back haha.

The tree at our house:

Those lines appeared on my phone every time I pointed it at the tree, couldn't get rid of them!

and here's the tree at my BF's house:

When we finished putting it up, Cici layed down in her "froggy" pose (that's what we call it when she lays down on her stomach and spreads her legs out to the sides like a frog swimming) infront of the tree just staring at it, it was so cute! But I was too slow to get the camera .

Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #62 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Beautiful pics!! Looks like a lot of work went into your decorating but it was worth it. Everything looks great!!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #63 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's mom View Post
Beautiful trees and decorations. I love them all. I just can't quite get there this year. DIL decorated outside. It sure looks pretty. I just fail to see the purpose of decorating the inside. Kids are all busy doing their own thing. Realized this year how family structures change. The traditions I had are over. The kids all have their own family and their own traditions. There's always a good movie out on Christmas. At least I won't have the hassle of putting up all the decorations.
You are so right on. Family structures change when kids start having their own families and our traditions are over. Since here it's only my daughter and her family and her husband's parents, we try to keep it like we used to. But I see what's happening to what is left of our family in France and it is just not the same.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #64 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

I always have trouble to get a nice picture of the tree.

Attachment 105596

Attachment 105597
I made that ceramic Christmas tree years and years ago.

Attachment 105598

Attachment 105599

Attachment 105600

We had to block of the Christmas tree with gifts because our little stinker kept licking the branches of the tree. This is the other side.

Attachment 105601

Last edited by MalteseJane; 10-01-2013 at 11:39 PM.
MalteseJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #65 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

My kids are grown, and on their own, but NO ONE ever leaves, in fact they bring more with then...grandkids, friends, in laws, my parents, brothers, and their family! I am thankful for my family, and that they feel comfortable and welcome here! Sure is a lot of work!!! One Christmas I'll surprise everyone and hubby and I will leave on a much earned vacation at Christmas time!!! They wouldn't know what to do????

Furbabies mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #66 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

All of your trees and decorations are gorgeous! I have looked at the pictures more then once ... everything is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

This year we cannot decorate much. I tried to find some pictures from last year and only found a few showing the front of the house ... and, then the tree inside was not up or decorated yet. And, more blue lights were added onto more bushes after these pictures were taken. Our deck out back is usually light up with colored lights ... it's nice to eat dinner and look at the colorful and warm lights as we eat. But, because everything is so up in the air for now, we are holding off until next year to decorate like we usually do.

I have ordered some Christmas floral arrangements (I have the Kinkaid floral arrangements with the houses/ churches every year) And, I will light up a little ceramic Christmas tree this year so that Snowball has a few gifts under a little tree. And, we have a Creche that I will place on a little round table this year ... since we can't have a big tree to place it under. I love the Creche ... the pieces are all hand made from Italy ... I treasure it.

So, here are some of the Christmas lights that were outside from Christmas past. I wish I could find all the other pictures with the tree and inside decorations. Oh, well. I am sure I'll find them after Christmas.

This year you can see what adorns the front of our house. Should we try and string lights on the tarp and try and make a waterfall?!
Attached Thumbnails
Hey!!!  So let's see your Christmas tree - or holiday decorations!!-100_7632.jpg   Hey!!!  So let's see your Christmas tree - or holiday decorations!!-100_7623.jpg   Hey!!!  So let's see your Christmas tree - or holiday decorations!!-100_7633.jpg   Hey!!!  So let's see your Christmas tree - or holiday decorations!!-img_3079.jpg  

Last edited by Snowball Pie's Mommi; 12-10-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Snowball Pie's Mommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #67 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Aolani

No full pic of the tree but a pic of Aolani putting the finishing touch on ours
Attached Thumbnails
Hey!!!  So let's see your Christmas tree - or holiday decorations!!-tree120912rs.jpg   Hey!!!  So let's see your Christmas tree - or holiday decorations!!-tree120912brs.jpg  

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Click here to see some of Aolani's videos
Johita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #68 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabies mom View Post
My kids are grown, and on their own, but NO ONE ever leaves, in fact they bring more with then...grandkids, friends, in laws, my parents, brothers, and their family! I am thankful for my family, and that they feel comfortable and welcome here! Sure is a lot of work!!! One Christmas I'll surprise everyone and hubby and I will leave on a much earned vacation at Christmas time!!! They wouldn't know what to do????
Wow that is so great! I hope things will be like that for me in the future, it's always so nice to have the family together. I know for sure I won't be leaving my mom! I'll either take everyone to her house or invite everyone to mine .
And I can just imagine how busy you must be during the holidays! But it sounds like a wonderful experience anyways.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #69 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johita View Post
No full pic of the tree but a pic of Aolani putting the finishing touch on ours
OMG I love the picture of Aolani holding the sign with her mouth, so cute!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #70 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

My grandmother's nativity set - she was born in 1894 and got it from the woman who raised her and her sister after their mother died. I have no idea how old this is.

My German Christmas Pyramid - the table covering it's on is also from Germany.

And my little tree.
Advertisement