A quick little photo update of Bravo - he went to his first day of daycare today! - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

I love the report card! That is so cute. Thats actually not a bad price for a daycare that obviously puts a lot of effort into taking care of both dog and owner (by providing updates and card).

Old 12-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

Name: Kelly
Dog's Name: Magnolise Avec Bravissimo

Sugarstar - you're right. I feel like there is a terrific value in both the service they provide and the wonderful quality of the facility. We just have a lot of expenses (like everyone else) especially this time of year, so I feel a bit selfish.

While I was there picking him up, there was a family there picking up their two dogs that had been boarded there for two weeks while they were on vacation...they were two really cute, obviously loved, mixed breed dogs - about the size of small ponies! The bill was $1,500! YIKES!! The dad made me laugh because he asked his wife how he got roped into two mutts that cost him more than his first car, LOL!! They were a nice family.

Pam - getting a teenager was my other plan. We have some nice kids in our neighborhood...and since Bravo can't go to daycare after 6 months, I think it's a great solution.

I can't afford to send him every day (and I work every day), so I still have to work something out....but my husband is a teacher and is off after next week, so I can mostly put that decision on hold until January.

I'll say it again...for the hundredth time...this is SO much like having a toddler in the house again!

And it's different this time around than when I had my previous dogs (this is my 4th Papillon and we also had a P. Corgi that we lost last Christmas). I loved each of my (our) dogs dearly. Especially my other little tri, "Stuff." He was my absolute joy.

But my husband and I notice that things are different this time around. Our kids our grown (last one off to college next year), we have more "couple" time again (I LOVE that), we have more time, we certainly have much, much more patience, and this time there is a sense of knowing that every little thing we do forms who this dog will become.

I think that last part comes from having kids...I don't remember thinking of my other dogs in this same manner. They were well loved members of our family, they got training, shown, etc. But this time, things seem just a bit different.

I also find myself knowing that 15-18 years will fly by...and my heart will be broken all over again by a little 5 pound dog. I try not to think about it, but now we are old enough to know what's coming.

Anyway...all this to kind of explain/justify daycare for my beloved puppy.

I actually have a Papillon puppy...but I joined this message board to get great grooming, nutritional, general toy-breed tips......and all the great people!!
Avec Bravissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

I love the report card!! It reminds me of my granddaughters pre school!! So glad that Bravo has such a busy social life now!!LOL. Having 4 fluffs, mine always have someone to play with(besides me) and I don't think that they're ever bored. It's great that you found such a nice place that you're comfortable with and Bravo likes!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

I checked out a daycare yesterday that does the report card too. Definitely a selling point, haha. We are going in on Saturday for Gustave's 'interview'.

It's really hard for me to do this. For one, we don't need to do it since DH is a freelance designer and works from home. Secondly, I'm so overprotective of Gugu. But I think he might like the experience.

Thank you for posting about your experience. Definitely an encouragement. Is this how moms feel when they send their babies to pre-school?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Lynn
Dog's Name: Lacie,Tilly,Secret(Ch Angels Top Secret of Khanthav) & Breeze(Ch Angels Heavenly Breeze of Linmont)
Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

That's wonderful and he does look "tuckered" out.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

Name: Kelly
Dog's Name: Magnolise Avec Bravissimo

Deborah...If Bravo had any playmates at home, everything would be different...and I wouldn't feel so bad leaving him home. Next year we can add a sibling :-)

Eiksaa - the other reason I did this for Bravo is because I tend to make my dogs nervous around other dogs. I'm always worried that some other dog will "go after" my dog, so I end up transferring that to my dogs, and I don't want to do that. I'm fine in controlled, structured situations (like shows), but not so good when dogs are just hanging out being dogs.

This way, he will get regular socialization without my negative influence....and have fun. I bet that Gustave will love it if you end up sending him. I don't think it's the only way (by any means) of letting our dogs just be dogs....but it's one way. :-)

Lynn - he's just as beat tonight :-)

I actually have a Papillon puppy...but I joined this message board to get great grooming, nutritional, general toy-breed tips......and all the great people!!
Avec Bravissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

I love the idea of doggy daycare when Rocky was an only pup we talked about it. Now that we have two though, DH is not for it. I still think it's a brilliant idea, I am glad to hear he's doing well with it!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka, Peppino and Tiny Tina

I love the Bravo daycare story! thanks for sharing :-)
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

I love that report card way to go, Bravo! I'm glad you found a great place-- those are few and far between! He is adorable
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

Aww well d
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement