Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Leila's new obsession

698 views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  lynda 
#1 ·
I try to keep her from doing it and even bought her steps, but she can now jump up on the furniture. So now, nothing on it is safe from her. Her favorite thing to do now is steal glasses. I have a habit of laying my reading glasses beside me on the loveseat when I take them off and hubby puts his on the end table beside the couch. Every time we don't pay attention to doing it, she jumps up there, steals them, and runs off to hide with them. Tonight, the door to the foyer was open and she took off upstairs with them. My phone was in my hand so I snapped a couple of pictures. The second one is where she was heading for under the bed.
Dog Mammal Canidae Dog breed Maltese

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
Between MiMi and Ray, I think I have lost maybe 12 reading glasses...maybe more. MiMi is not much of a chewer, but she will get my glasses or the plastic pin tail combs I use to make her part. When Ray was a pup he use to do whatever acrobatics necessary to get at my bra...reading glasses cost a lot less to replace. I look for them at "buy one get 50% of the second pair." Phew.

PS that is such a cute picture of the little culprit caught in the act.

#4 ·
Sylvia, I have a Ray too...but it's my hubby. Haha! Yes, it is funny what excites them. The 2nd favorite thing for her to grab & run is paper. We have a cat, Coco, that I swear knows this and purposely gets up on a table or counter and knocks things down specifically for Leila to get. I've caught him in the act several times. He will look straight at her as he knocks it down and stay right there watching her as she takes off with it.

Just noticed she and the door look kinda yellow in the picture. Must be the lighting. Her hair's a mess, but she's not that dirty.

#12 ·
Lol this is too funny!!! She looks so innocent in the photo!! Daisy does this too can leave anything on our low seats. Dad lift he paper containing his crossword and his pencil needless to say the pencil was in bits and well the pencil was shredded too!!! She so likes paper she will go under the table right in the middle where I can't reach her!!!

#13 ·
Oh my goodness she looks so cute with those glasses, especially in the 2nd picture. :HistericalSmiley: Pipper THINKS he can't jump up on the couch by himself. He waits for me to lift him. Obviously he could do it on his own but I'm sure not going to tell him that. :HistericalSmiley:

#14 ·
That 2nd picture is a keeper for sure! We have to worry about bras and socks around here and of course my nephews shoes. My Mom and I literally were just talking about the new glasses she is going to get this week. Since they are coming to VA for Christmas, now I am nervous about her glasses too! She had 2 Malts ~full coat and so proper and well mannered. I think she will be "surprised" at the mischief Lady Bella is capable of. Her nerves will raw lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.