Dad Come Help Us! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dad Come Help Us!

2 days after the initial planned mating between our 2 kids, they decided to go for a quickie when I wasn't looking. At first I thought they needed to go outside and wasn't worried about them mating again. The first time it took about an hour for them to figure things out...lot of biting and courting. But they skipped foreplay that time. 5 minutes later I went to ho check on them and this is what was staring at me in the patio doors...

Oh well 2 times a charm (actually researched later that it is a good idea to do the deed a couple times).

I had to keep them still for another 20 minutes and 60 days later...

And one year later with one kept for ourselves...

They will always need our help.

Now they are all fixed and never have to go through adopting out our kids again or helping give berth. Stressful!

Cheers
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

OMG...I forgot and should share this...

The boy pup we named Junior at the time went to a special girl who was battling cancer. My girlfriends coworker's niece. Today she survived and is living a healthy life again with her dog. Here is the thank you letter from her mom...

December 29th- Auntie Echelle comes today!! with her she brings a big surprise for Mackenzie....her new puppy!! We have known this was happening since October and could hardly keep the secret from Mack. *She begged at least once a week for a puppy for Christmas, and it was one of her children's make a wishes. *Auntie Echelle had a couple ideas of how we could surprise Mack with her new puppy. We all agreed on giving her the book Charlie's first family made for Mack to read and see if she figured out Charlie was hers.

Echelle arrived and Mack was in the living room, she said "I have a present for you from my good friend Irene." Mack flipped through this amazing book that had a story about all the puppies born on October 12th, 2011 to Kaos and Kali. *The book was a story of the birth and the puppies early days, filled with sayings and pictures. *

When she flipped to the last page it said "Thank you, to all the pups "FOREVER HOMES" listed was Mackenzie and Family (Junior has a Big Heart and is sometimes a Big Baby). She closed the book and looked very confused, then I said Mack read it again, she did and kind of looked around, then we all said who do you think Mackenzie and family is? Then from downstairs, *Delaney and Kennedy appeared with Charlie. *Mack was stunned and speechless - something that doesn't happen often. Rob was busy taking pictures, and I couldn't help but cry. *She was so happy, she was tearing up and said I can't believe it!! She wanted to run outside and scream. *This was definitely the best gift over Christmas.

We want to say a special thank you to Charlie's (AKA Juniors) first family Irene and Ian. *Charlie is a wonderful puppy that obviously came from a wonderful couple, who took great care of him and gave Mack the best gift ever, a friend for life. *Thank you so much and we promise to take great care of him and send you lot's of pictures and updates. *You both are amazing and we are very lucky to have you and Charlie in our lives. **

To Auntie Echelle, you are awesome, this gift means so much to Mackenzie and to our family. *We know Charlie will give her the motivation to keep her strength and determination in the hospital so she can be back home with him. *We love you so much xox * **
Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Here is a pic of Junior (on the left) the day he left for his new home...a long side his sis who stayed behind with us forever.

Last edited by Kali; 01-10-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

What a wonderful story and what a fabulous home for your beautiful pup!
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Audrey DeLay
Dog's Name: Jasmine (Female)

That was a wonderful story. Do you still receive updates about the dog?

dntdelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dntdelay View Post
That was a wonderful story. Do you still receive updates about the dog?
Yes all the time. This summer we had a puppy reunion BBQ....lucked out, everyone one was in town the same time. One sister still lives near us and I end up babysitting lots when I am back in town. The other two pups live in other cities.

Concerning Junior, we get updates like how the girls sneak him into movie theaters or take him with them to the beauty salon. I always chuckle, cuz I am somewhat a biker type and in no way in **** my boy be caught dead doing girly stuff lol.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

LOL! I seriously considered sneaking my Ivy into the 2-3/4 hour movie Les Mis earlier this week! I hate leaving her that long! My 18 year old daughters were horrified that mom was considering such a thing and talked me out of it.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Aww, the story about the girl with cancer mad me cry. What a neat way for her to get a puppy! I'm so glad she's survived the cancer and thank you for sharing this with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Just got a letter from the little girls family on her progress. Awesome!

LETTER...

Hi Everyone,

Today is my little niece's one year remission anniversary date from brain cancer. I just wanted to forward this message from my sister, brother in law and Mackenzie. You have all played an important role in Mackenzie's recovery and there are not enough words to thank each and everyone one of you.
My deepest thanks,
Echelle

"It’s hard to believe that it has already been a year since the doctor’s told us they can’t detect anymore cancer. It was one year ago today Mackenzie received her bone marrow transplant and was given a new chance at life. We look at today as one of the many milestones Mackenzie will reach and we are so thankful to all the people who helped her stay strong, prayed, and showed so much kindness. Today is a celebration of Mackenzie, of life, faith and love. We always thought we knew what love was, it was only until cancer touched our lives we realized the power of love, our faith was challenged but our prayers answered, our life will never be the same it will be better and Mackenzie has emerged from this little girl to a hero, she inspires everyone she meets, does not let cancer define her and continues to amaze us every day.
There is no sum of money or profound words that we could ever offer you all for the kindness, support and love you have shown Mackenzie, I have often written and shared how truly blessed we were to have the Airdrie RCMP join us on our journey. We would like to offer some special thanks to:
Irene and Ian- Charlie has become an important part of our family, he brought joy at a time where there was so much sadness. He challenged Mackenzie to get strong because he needed to be taken care of and she met that challenge. To some he may be just a dog, to us he is family. Thank you
Miranda- The chair we were able to purchase was so amazing and made life for Mack just a little bit more comfortable. However your kindness went beyond a purchase, it inspired Mack, your positive words of encouragement and your conviction that she had the strength to beat cancer gave her strength to overcome so many of the obstacle that were in her way. Thank you
Francine, Caitlin, Pam, Mara, Devin, JJ, Allison, Maureen, Alvin, Rob, Elise, Lyle, Mitch and Jen- Your constant support to both my sister Echelle and Mackenzie gave them both and our family the strength to face this journey together, they say there is strength in numbers, they could not have been more right. Knowing how many of you were offering support gave us the ability to focus on Mackenzie and beating Cancer.
I talk about strength when I thank each of you, I truly believe as RCMP officers and working for the RCMP you all hold an enormous amount of strength both physically and emotionally. You all shared that with our daughter and she soaked it in and made it her own and because of all of you she celebrates her one year remission. We thank you we thank you we thank you. "
Here is a special note from Mack:
What my mom said, no just kidding. Thank you for believing in me, sending me things to cheer me up and helping me through this. I can’t wait to come back to Calgary and I hope that every year when I celebrate this day you all know how special you made me feel.
Love Mack
Today is a celebration of Mackenzie’s life, thank you for being a part of it!
From,
Rob, Lorraine, Delaney, Kennedy, Mackenzie and Charlie

Last edited by Kali; 01-31-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement