Ein's little sister update~ - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Candice
Dog's Name: Einstein, aka Ein and Ami
Default Ein's little sister update~

LOL, I came down with some sort of cold, so I had to get off work today. thankful that I wasn't sick yesterday, otherwise, it would've been a disaster. Lots of medicine later, I was feeling somewhat ok, and I did some bathing, and grooming. she slept well last night- despite the time differences. I gave her a bath, and was so surprised to find that she did soo well. she held still during bath, just giving kisses the whole time. I was also blow drying her, she just sat there in my arms with towel(while Ein will try to eat the blow dryer air). Even more surprising is when I was doing her topknot. she just sat there, looking at me lol!! her fur is still not grown long enough to hold the topknot, so it took me couple tries to get it all together.. but this means Ein is officially freed from topknot as I can play with hers instead!

her and Ein is getting along pretty well-initially the puppy had tendency to jump and very hyper(I suppose it would've been ok as she is really tiny), but I remembered the training advise that you have to correct bad behavior(as you would if the puppy was much larger dog). Once her jumpiness and hyperness was corrected, Ein stayed calm(as she was), and they played together very very well. I've always thought Ein was very small dog(as Maltese should be, a toy breed). The puppy is even small, but she constantly eats, and she eats very very well. So far, she pooped 2x yesterday, and 3x times today.

Ohh.. I am also working on her command in English!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ein's little sister update~-7.jpg  
Attached Images

Curious_Ein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Ashley
Dog's Name: Sophie

What a beautiful little princess! I'm so glad she's adjusting so well, I love her little top knot any name for her yet?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

AshleyAndSophiePup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Okay...I am going to come right out and ask the question many of us have floating around in our heads...is she so special that it was worth having her imported from Korea?
She is certainly a perfect little doll, no question, but is she so much better than a pup you could have gotten from...say Pennsylvania? Please do not for one minute think this is a criticism...just an honest question.

BTW I love love love your egg bed.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

OH, is she ever the sweetest litte Malt. The very best wishes to you an Ein upon her arrival. Now I really want a Puppy!!! Don't think that is going to happen with four animals here now. And yes, I thought that you did have a name picked out and cannot remember??? Perhaps I am mistaken though.
Snuggle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Oh my goodness. She's gorgeous!!

I have a question about the pod bed too. Do they like it? I've been thinking about getting it for Gustave. Do you like the quality?

eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAndSophiePup View Post
What a beautiful little princess! I'm so glad she's adjusting so well, I love her little top knot any name for her yet?
LOL totally forgot about the name part- once I feel little better(the flu is a b***), maybe I will get around it. For now, she is called as Donglee(dong-geul-ee), means round in Korean. I dont know why but the name sorta stuck with me, but I am def going to think of a good name in English for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylie View Post
Okay...I am going to come right out and ask the question many of us have floating around in our heads...is she so special that it was worth having her imported from Korea?
She is certainly a perfect little doll, no question, but is she so much better than a pup you could have gotten from...say Pennsylvania? Please do not for one minute think this is a criticism...just an honest question.
BTW I love love love your egg bed.
Egg bed was from Ebay- shipped from overseas!! (don't kill me yet!!) lol OK OK, I do think she is very special, but she is def no more special than Ein, who doesn't even have a pedigree. Now that novelty is sorta worn out(i know it wears off quick!), I am back to training her for obedience! Hmm.. I think there are lots of good, awesome breeders here in US- but I've been eyeing on this breeder for awhile, and loved her babies faces..!! So it wasn't so much about not buying any of US breeders for the lack of their beauties, it was more of the faces that I was after(like how some people prefers baby doll faces vs. more traditional). and for someone who buys things from Korea and overseas all the time, this was no different than any other times that I bought things from... does that make sense?

It was a bit more of a hassle than say, buying one from a breeder located in US(still needs to be transported to airport, etc), but there wouldn't be customs involved.. but I see the transaction being not so different. actually did solicit AMA listed breeder in MA, but never got a reply. sigh

uhh.. is it bad that I brought the puppy from overseas? They have all the appropriate shots that are up to date, good blood work done, and have arrived healthy- as Ein did!

I also just realized how much I really appreciate Ein(although he does not have baby doll face nor pedigree), and how he has grown to be such a wonderful dog.. my very first dog and he is USA made!!! THAT, is priceless.. even with a cute baby doll faced puppy wont take that away.. I just hope that the new puppy would grow up to be just as wonderful as he is....

Last edited by Curious_Ein; 01-30-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

She's adorable!! I like that egg bed too - where can I get one?

StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggle's Mom View Post
OH, is she ever the sweetest litte Malt. The very best wishes to you an Ein upon her arrival. Now I really want a Puppy!!! Don't think that is going to happen with four animals here now. And yes, I thought that you did have a name picked out and cannot remember??? Perhaps I am mistaken though.
lol you are not mistaken.. I am fighting flu(like a champion, with help of medicine), and once I get a little better, I will def try to name her something wonderful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiksaa View Post
Oh my goodness. She's gorgeous!!

I have a question about the pod bed too. Do they like it? I've been thinking about getting it for Gustave. Do you like the quality?

Ooo, they like the pod. Its in the gated pen where puppy lives(temporary), and she is like, PAssed out. Laying on her back.. and I heard her squeak(dreaming?)
I got them on Ebay(from China.. I know I know... I should be condemned!!!...... but I couldn't find something similar like that in USA!!), and its actually in two pieces. I was hoping that they'd be in single piece(too bad, it didn't show in the photos), but from the front, you can't tell that its in two pieces. Overall, modern shape matches the decor, and the free cushion(and free cooling pad, where you can put it in freezer and take it out), is pretty cushy- though the material is not very soft. so I might add the softer cover.....
But all in all, they are def very cute, and the egg shaped housing fits both puppy(1.8lbs) and Ein(3.8lbs) with little more room to spare.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieB View Post
She's adorable!! I like that egg bed too - where can I get one?

sheeeee- I ordered it from Ebay(from China, takes about 1.5weeks to arrive, and in two pieces). don't tell anyone you know that they are from China. Actually I might get shot!!!

but I am wondering, why Don't USA sell something this cute here, so I don't have to sneaking around ebay to buy these from overseas!!!!

uuuuuuhhh, ok the medicine is hitting me, and I am drowsy...
Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Iam Very Happy for you. They Both Are Just As Sweet as Could Be.
God Bless Them Both. Nickee In Pa*
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement