Who's building the ark? - Page 4 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 AM   #31 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by =supermanskivvies= View Post
You should do it! There are so many pretty places for photos on the grounds. I work at the war museum...I have seen groomsmen take pictures on the tanks! How cool!

Also...people getting evacuated from the towers by boat? Eeek! That's where I used to live (on the 2nd floor, but still...I wonder if their underground parking garage got flooded...agh that parking garage was scary!).

My sister (who I live with) went to work today, but she couldn't get back in to my neighborhood because the streets were completely flooded and blocked off. She drove around for 40 minutes trying to find a way, but she couldn't get to either entrance to the neighborhood because of flooding. She ended up going to my parents' house in Naperville to stay overnight.
Yeah, I almost had to stay with my parents in Naperville as well!! I almost wish I just stayed home from today, it is very scary to not be able to get back to your home... what if you had pets or (older) kids?? I am feeling so, so blessed that our place was ok, the fluffs were ok, and I was able to get to them.

I also read on Lisle Patch comments that people were told to leave their pets behind as they were rescued I'm sorry, but they would have to forcibly remove me or arrest me to get me to leave my pets behind.

I imagine those garages are underwater.... oh man, I feel SO SO bad for anyone whose car was in there.. i'm sure lots of cars were destroyed... as were lots of homes and condos in Lisle and Four Lakes

On upside RE: Cantigny, pictures with tanks will be a must, my fiance is in the National Guard Ugh oh..... speaking of, I'd be surprised if he WASN'T called to duty this weekend...

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 04:43 AM   #32 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Just stopping by to see if the water is receding yet Maggie? I saw pictures of downtown Wheaton (we used to own a home there by the college)--WOW, what a mess. Let us hear how you are please!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #33 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

We're safe and sound but there are many in the area who are out of their homes today and will be for a while. In Courtney's subdivision are a couple of high rise condo buildings and they were evacuated by the National Guard because the lost power. I am glad to see Courtney and Christie are both home OK. One of the main reasons I worked from home yesterday was because I was afraid of not being able to return.

This is from Four Lakes where Courtney lives:

Rescue crews help flooded residents in Lisle | WGN-TV

In other parts of our town, a nursing home had to be evacuated and several main roads are still closed - the water is incredible! I've lived in my house 15 years and never seen this before!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #34 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

That's alot of water, stay safe people. Glad you are home with your puppies.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

And today, we have snow flurries!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

We walked down to the towers about an hour ago, and most of the water has receded from the roads

We are both going to work today, but I am still worried about getting back in just because different websites have different information about access to Four Lakes... but now we have our 'secret' short cut way in through Maggie's neighborhood ;-) So we should be just fine!!

Just feeling so very lucky that we had no flooding, no damage, our cars are fine, and we were able to get back to the fluffs

Old 04-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

The video that Maggie posted is just down the road from us, we drive by there every day and take the fluffs for walks down there all the time!! All the water is gone from the roads, at least!

How about when it gets warmer (and all this water goes AWAY!), us Chicagoans/Suburbanites have a SM meet up with our fluffs??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement