What kind of water? - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAndSophiePup View Post
Sophie gets purified water from the fridge. We live in an area that actually has really good water, but I don't drink tap water, I got use to the Dallas area where the water just tasted like dirt mixed with metal. Some people think it's weird that I give Sophie purified water because she's "just a dog" but she's my baby. If I don't drink tap why would I make my puppy?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
That's exactly what I think. I don't drink the tap water so I am definately NOT giving it to my fur child. Why is distilled water bad? Just wondering...
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Elisabeth
Dog's Name: Zooey (L.A. North Central Animal Shelter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkn8835 View Post
What is a zero water filter?
It's similar to the Brita--but has a more extensive filtration process.

It's cool because it comes with a tester strip so you can test your tap water and any bottled waters to see how many contaminants they contain. My tap was 248. Bottled water ranged from 29 (Smart Water) to around 200 (Arrowhead). Smart Water measures 000.

All of these levels are perfectly safe for us to drink, but I was concerned about my own health and getting toxins from the plastic bottles (which you can't measure, you just know they're there), not to mention plastic bottles are so bad for the environment.

You can get a Zero Water system at Target, Amazon, etc. The only con to me is that the pitcher is big and heavy! I wish they'd make a smaller one like Brita does.

Elisabeth & Zooey
zooeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo
Default Tap water?? No way!!!

My tap water is terrible. I don't even cook with it. We put in a new walk in shower in the spring. I was keeping it sparkling--well I was trying my best. About 3 months ago, someting happened to the water and it smelled horribe and it took the finish off of the round piece of stainless steel where the handle is. Scary stuff!!! Now it just smells bad and looks cloudy. Have no idea what it tastes like and I'm not about to find out. So I am definately NOT giving it to my fur children. So, why is distilled water bad? Just wondering.....
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Elisabeth
Dog's Name: Zooey (L.A. North Central Animal Shelter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy's Mommie View Post
My tap water is terrible. I don't even cook with it. We put in a new walk in shower in the spring. I was keeping it sparkling--well I was trying my best. About 3 months ago, someting happened to the water and it smelled horribe and it took the finish off of the round piece of stainless steel where the handle is. Scary stuff!!! Now it just smells bad and looks cloudy. Have no idea what it tastes like and I'm not about to find out. So I am definately NOT giving it to my fur children. So, why is distilled water bad? Just wondering.....
Yikes, sounds like you do have bad tap water! Fortunately, tap water in most parts of the country is perfectly safe for people and pets to drink.

I have no clue about the distilled water. I've never used it for me or my pets. It's typically used for ironing, right?

Elisabeth & Zooey
zooeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement