AMA Nationals - Page 8 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #71 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Jasper;Dusty&Ozzy; Alvin,Winston&Angel waiting at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
I'm going to Nationals. Just broke the news to Jim and my son last night and it's a go. Have to figure out my timing but the air fare was low so I'm coming but don't think I'm bringing Tyler. His fare would be higher than mine. Cant wait to see everyone there and hoping to have arms full of fluffs even if they're not my own.
Is it already time to make airline reservations? I can't wait. I am not bringing a pup either, hope those of you that are will share with me!!

Old 11-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #72 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
Is it already time to make airline reservations? I can't wait. I am not bringing a pup either, hope those of you that are will share with me!!
Laura - there seemed to be some good prices now. Sometimes they say to wait 3 months out for deals but I think my son found me a fare that was under $200 round trip so worth doing early. Don't think it will get much lower. We hardly have an Southwest flights from here so looking at United, American and Delta.

What days are the rest of you thinking of coming and going?

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #73 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Does anyone have the schedule for what goes on at Nationals? I really want to book my flight since they're starting to climb but not sure when to come and go. I'm assuming it will be similar to most years past but never attended most events at the one I went to since I was working in Atlanta and only caught part of one day of the show.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #74 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Jasper;Dusty&Ozzy; Alvin,Winston&Angel waiting at the Bridge

The hotel reservations that Debbie made for us are April 30th to May 6th (Tuesday to Monday), I think the event actually concludes on May 3rd but we are staying and doing amusement parks too!

I'm still checking out flights. Not sure if I am going to fly in to Ft Walton Beach and drive in with Debbie or fly straight in to Orlando. Definitely leaving from Orlando. Depends on what I can do with the miles Carl has saved up. I have never redeemed miles, so don't know what to expect exactly.

I too was wondering if a schedule was out.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #75 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Reva
Dog's Name: Bogie, CGC, BN and Cassie,CGCA, BN
Send a message via Yahoo to revakb2

I can't find a schedule for Nationals, but in previous years the first night was the White Excitement Party. This is just a fun event without dogs for socializing. The next couple of days are trials for conformation, juniors, and performance events (obedience and rally). There will also be seminars on various topics. There have been speakers on health issues, grooming, ect., all of course Maltese related. The last night there is a banquet. There are fees for some events, mostly food related.

I will be going Tuesday, April 30th and leaving Saturday May 4th. You can arrive anytime on Tuesday since nothing will be going on until the evening. I would assume
schedules will be coming out soon since you need to sign up and pay for some events.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #76 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cory
Dog's Name: Bibu and Kissy
Send a message via Skype™ to Bibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
I'm going to Nationals. Just broke the news to Jim and my son last night and it's a go. Have to figure out my timing but the air fare was low so I'm coming but don't think I'm bringing Tyler. His fare would be higher than mine. Cant wait to see everyone there and hoping to have arms full of fluffs even if they're not my own.
I'm so excited Sue!!! I really wish Tyler could come too! If you finally decide not to bring him, you can always hold one (or both) of mine if you want as I'm bringing them both.

I wonder if there is a way that we can get pictures of the fluffs with Mickey Mouse since we'll be so close... That would be a blast, don't you ladies think??? I have a friend who works in marketing for Disney and I can ask. I think we might have to plan something together with it though....for a cause, I mean. Maybe for AMAR? Like a mini fundraiser? Any ideas???
Old 12-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #77 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Chomper and Elliott in Heaven...Victor and Luciano
Send a message via AIM to angelsugar

OH!!!! I just saw this announcement!!! I am sooo excited!

I hope to join y'all! I live in the Tampa Bay area and think that this is the perfect opportunity to see this specialty! I have wanted to go other years but couldn't fit it in mostly because of distance and travel.

I hope to meet all of you! And I will stay tuned to this channel (thread) for the latest and greatest!!!! Thanks so much!!!!!

Elliott and Victor
angelsugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement