A new Champion: MaltAngel CloudClan Room to Move "Leah" - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Carina
Dog's Name: Cadeau, Cadie, Cacia, CherryB, Cherish & Charm (Cloud, Clancy, Clouseau, Cameo & Calypso @ bridge)
Send a message via AIM to CloudClan Send a message via Yahoo to CloudClan
Default A new Champion: MaltAngel CloudClan Room to Move "Leah"

We are sooooo excited to announce that Leah completed her championship today, taking a 4pt major, in VERY Windy show in Leesburg, VA.

Leah is owned by Sheila Riley of MaltAngel Maltese and was very proudly bred by Sheila and myself. As many of you know, Leah is out my first litter. She was GIRL 1 (or little girl).

Leah came to stay with us just a month ago (arriving almost exactly a year after she left for California) and has shown exactly 3 times, earning wins each show we took her to since she came to us. Here is a picture of her showing with me for the first time 2 weeks ago:

Her father started his show career as a baby at this show when he was a puppy, 5 years ago this weekend. It was my first day in the ring, and his first day in the ring, and incredibly we won.

With her finish, although we do not own her, we do claim her as our 5th finished champion member of the Cloud Clan. And so it seems very fitting that she should get her finish at this "5th anniversary" show.

This gives her mother 2 finished Champions in her first litter (CherryB and Leah) and makes the 3rd finished Champion daughter for Cadeau (Tori, CherryB and Leah).

I have to acknowledge the many friends who helped us along the way. First of all, her owner and co-breeder Sheila Riley, allowed me the chance to show her after I finished her sister CherryB and I am VERY grateful for this opportunity to enjoy this experience with her.

I also have to thank Marina who put her first major and half of her single points on her. Here was Marina showing her as a puppy:

Finally, my friend Paul Gates, who along with his wife, has been one of our biggest supporters, mentors and cheerleaders along the way. He helped me finish Cadeau, he has helped me learn to show, he and Jean have been there to let me watch their dogs in whelp and to help me whelp my 2 litters, and he showed Leah today for us, giving me the chance to watch her show with beauty and grace.

I hear all the time about the ugliness of the dog world, and yes there is a lot of drama and ugliness, but there are some AMAZING people, too. I feel blessed to count some of the best among my friends.

CloudClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Carina:

Many heartfelt congratulations to you! I remember when Little Girl was born and she has turned out to be an absolutely beautiful Maltese! This is a wonderful accomplishment for you (and her) and it is so very cool to see the picture of Marina showing her!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Orla
Dog's Name: Milo
Send a message via MSN to Orla

Huge congrats Carina!!

Milo's Instagram
Orla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

I am thrilled w/this result for you Carina---and for Sheila! Big, huge congratulations to a deserving team!!
She is breath taking!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nida
Dog's Name: Emma Charlotte (CloudClan Maltese) and Bailey (Honorary Maltese)

Carina, CONGRATULATIONS on your newest finished champion! You did an amazing job finishing her in the three shows you have shown her in. I soo wish I could have been at the Leesburg show this weekend like planned and had seen Leah finish! I remember when you brought Leah, Cherry B and Cody at 9 weeks old to Pat's puppy party...when we were all holding and loving on the puppies, I somehow kept ending up with "Little Girl" so have been in love with little Leah ever since! She is such a gorgeous little girl and it's no wonder she has done so beautifully showing. Congrats again!!!

CloudClan I'll Be There For You - "Emma"
Honorary Maltese - Bailey

Follow us on Facebook: The Adventures of Bailey & Emma
Bailey&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lynda
Dog's Name: Chloe, GiGi, Chachi & Katie

Huge Congratulations.

Chloe, GiGi, Chachi & Katie
lynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Congratulations, Carina, Sheila and Leah What terrific news. She's just gorgeous and I too remember the playful puppies at Pat's. To see how far they've come is just amazing. You have accomplished so much in showing in a very short period of time (though when you're doing it it probably seems to take sooo long) and doing it all with loving each and every them above all.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Sassy
Send a message via Yahoo to sassy's mommy

Carina you have come such a long way in such a short time. Congrats! Love your photos!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Thank you for sharing pictures of your little beauties. And huge congratulations
Old 10-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Carina, Congrats to you and Sheila!!! Leah is amazing and part of such a special litter It's so awesome to watch the pups grow and and be cared for by passionate and caring people like you. The pics are so fun to see of the journey and those that have helped you along the way (love the pic of Leah and Marina!). Thanks for sharing... I feel like I'm sharing in the joys of these beautiful pups
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement