Just booked flight to Nationals! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deb
Dog's Name: Gracie (Brookside Maltese) and Ella (MaltAngel Maltese)
Default Just booked flight to Nationals!

Southwest is having a sale right now, so I went ahead and purchased my flight before fares jump in price again. There is only one morning nonstop flight from Kansas City to Orlando, so I wanted to make sure I got on that. I am arriving on Tuesday and then staying through the weekend to do some of the Disney parks. My school district lets experienced teachers have five personal days, so I'm able to stay and fly home Monday morning. I so excited because this time I will be competing with Ella in Novice Rally and Beginner Novice obedience!

Has anyone else already booked your flight to Orlando?

I can't wait to see everyone!

educ8m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Jasper&Dusty; Alvin,Winston&Angel waiting at the Bridge

YAY!! Me too, I booked my flight Thursday. I too am coming in Tuesday and leaving the next Monday. I'm flying in near Debbie (MySugarBears) and she's picking me up and we'll drive to Orlando together. Then we are staying with Elaine (DixiesMama). We are planning on going to Disney and Universal over the weekend too. I'm not bring a pup, but Debbie will have three of her five, so I may borrow one for the weekend!

I am so excited, this is my first Nationals...first dog show ever in fact. I can't wait.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Yep...Laura and i will be on the road together for 6-7 hours and we should get there sometime Tuesday evening. We'll be like Thelma and Louise with 3 maltese! Poor Elaine has to put up with us for a week...Elaine and Orlando will never be the same after us. I've never been to Nationals but have been to a couple of dog shows in Brookesville with Elaine, Cathy and Reva. I can't wait til Nationals!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Debbie - I'm so happy. I'm planning on going though waiting for after my surgery to book my flight. Want to know that I'll be walking well by then. Cannot wait to meet you. I'm not bringing Tyler - it'll be enough getting myself there

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

I booked my flight too but can't decide if I'll bring any of my fluffs. If I do I can't visit the sights because I don't know what I'd do with them. I booked Monday through Monday; Virgin America had good prices and they're my favorite airlines.

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalyte View Post
I booked my flight too but can't decide if I'll bring any of my fluffs. If I do I can't visit the sights because I don't know what I'd do with them. I booked Monday through Monday; Virgin America had good prices and they're my favorite airlines.

I made reservations at a doggie daycare by Disney for the Saturday and Sunday that we will be at Universal and Disney. A friend of mine took her yorkies there when she was in Orlando for a yorkie meeting and then a couple of them went to Disney and she was very happy with the daycare. Best Friends Pet Care : Walt Disney World Resort
Old 01-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Reva
Dog's Name: Bogie and Cassie
Send a message via Yahoo to revakb2

I can't wait to see everyone. I am especially happy, I only have to drive about 90 minutes to get to Orlando. I should be there before noon on Tuesday, so if anyone needs a ride from the airport, let me know.
BTW, the doggy resort at Disney is supposed to be very good. I have heard good things about it.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by revakb2 View Post
I can't wait to see everyone. I am especially happy, I only have to drive about 90 minutes to get to Orlando. I should be there before noon on Tuesday, so if anyone needs a ride from the airport, let me know.
BTW, the doggy resort at Disney is supposed to be very good. I have heard good things about it.
Can't wait to see you again too! Is it the one that i made reservations at that you've heard good things about? My friend with yorkies really liked the one that is reserved for the kids but just want to make sure.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Sounds like a great time. I expect plenty of pics from you when it is over
Old 01-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deb
Dog's Name: Gracie (Brookside Maltese) and Ella (MaltAngel Maltese)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
YAY!! Me too, I booked my flight Thursday. I too am coming in Tuesday and leaving the next Monday. I'm flying in near Debbie (MySugarBears) and she's picking me up and we'll drive to Orlando together. Then we are staying with Elaine (DixiesMama). We are planning on going to Disney and Universal over the weekend too. I'm not bring a pup, but Debbie will have three of her five, so I may borrow one for the weekend!

I am so excited, this is my first Nationals...first dog show ever in fact. I can't wait.
Laura, this will only be my second Nationals, but I think I'm even more excited for it than I was for the first one. This time I KNOW how much fun it is. I look forward to meeting you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysugarbears View Post
Yep...Laura and i will be on the road together for 6-7 hours and we should get there sometime Tuesday evening. We'll be like Thelma and Louise with 3 maltese! Poor Elaine has to put up with us for a week...Elaine and Orlando will never be the same after us. I've never been to Nationals but have been to a couple of dog shows in Brookesville with Elaine, Cathy and Reva. I can't wait til Nationals!!!
Debbie, the two of you and three fluffs cooped up in a car for seven hours...you're either very adventurous or just a little bit crazy! When you join up with Elaine, the three of you will be a force to be reckoned with! Can't wait to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
Debbie - I'm so happy. I'm planning on going though waiting for after my surgery to book my flight. Want to know that I'll be walking well by then. Cannot wait to meet you. I'm not bringing Tyler - it'll be enough getting myself there
Sue, I'm soooo excited that you'll be at Nationals and I'll finally get to meet you. I'm praying for a quick recovery from your surgery and that you'll be walking pain free by the end of April. Sorry to hear that Tyler won't be with you, but I totally understand. I'm trying to decide whether to bring Gracie or not. Since I'm competing with Ella in rally, it would be easier to just focus on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalyte View Post
Jackie, I'm looking forward to seeing you again. I remember meeting you at Nationals in Texas. If I'm remembering correctly, you only had Cozette at that time, and she was just recovering from her surgery. I can't believe it's already been two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysugarbears View Post
I made reservations at a doggie daycare by Disney for the Saturday and Sunday that we will be at Universal and Disney. A friend of mine took her yorkies there when she was in Orlando for a yorkie meeting and then a couple of them went to Disney and she was very happy with the daycare. Best Friends Pet Care : Walt Disney World Resort
That's where I'm going to make reservations, too. My daughter will probably fly in from Los Angeles so that we can do the Disney parks together. We are Disney junkies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revakb2 View Post
Reva, I also got to meet you at Nationals in Texas. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratelover View Post
Sounds like a great time. I expect plenty of pics from you when it is over
We'll definitely share pics!

educ8m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement