NYC Westminster and Progressive Toy Dog Shows 2013 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler
Default NYC Westminster and Progressive Toy Dog Shows 2013

So it's almost that time and I would have been all over this if I hadn't been injured but just decided to look at when the shows are here in NYC in 2.5 weeks. Was also wondering if anyone is up for our third annual SM Hot Mamas Dinner which we always hold on the Friday before the weekend of Westminster, which this year is Feb 8, 2013. The Progressive will be held that day in the Pennsylvania Hotel across from Penn Station. It's a really fun show; all toy breeds and quite informal so you can get up close and personal. Lots of vendors too at both shows.
Then I noticed that Westminster was the following Monday and Tuesday and that venue has changed from Madison Square Garden to the Piers on 55th Street and the Hudson. Can't believe they moved but hoping it means more benching space. It's a wonderful show to see. I've gone to it the last three years.

So a question - is anyone interested in meeting for dinner on Friday evening the 8th or will be going to the shows? After surgery I probably won't be able to do the shows but hope be able to meet for dinner. We always have a blast. Let us know here. Alice organized it the first year, I did it last year. I know Alice is busy with work but says she can help plan it. If we have it the same place it's probably easiest unless someone wants to take on the task of another place. It's kind of short notice.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)
Default NYC Westminster and Progressive Toy Dog Shows 2013

Awwww how fun! I was hoping to come to NY since it'll be around my bday, but we are trying to save up our money so have to hold off on mini trips for now... Can't wait to see the pics though!

Sent from my iPad using PG Free
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

We'll be there! I do not have family coming into town this year, so I will be more available. We are staying at the Hotel Penn this year to make life (and showing) easier!

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamaltese View Post
We'll be there! I do not have family coming into town this year, so I will be more available. We are staying at the Hotel Penn this year to make life (and showing) easier!
Glad you'll be freer this year. We had such a good time the first year. The hotel will be easier with the Progressive but not with the Westminster, Stacy. It's quite a ways away from the piers. About 20 blocks uptown and as far west as you can go...think of it as 12 Avenue. I'm sure they'll have cabs but it's a kind of remote location. I hope it warms up for that.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
Glad you'll be freer this year. We had such a good time the first year. The hotel will be easier with the Progressive but not with the Westminster, Stacy. It's quite a ways away from the piers. About 20 blocks uptown and as far west as you can go...think of it as 12 Avenue. I'm sure they'll have cabs but it's a kind of remote location. I hope it warms up for that.

Right, I understand it's a huge hike to the Piers! Luckily we do not have to be benched and Marina shows at 2pm on monday (maltese are at 1pm) so we don't have to worry about getting there too early! I think it will be a nightmare for the benched exhibitors, esp the ones with the larger breeds of dogs! They are running shuttles though, to my understanding.

Groups will still be at the Garden though.

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamaltese View Post
Right, I understand it's a huge hike to the Piers! Luckily we do not have to be benched and Marina shows at 2pm on monday (maltese are at 1pm) so we don't have to worry about getting there too early! I think it will be a nightmare for the benched exhibitors, esp the ones with the larger breeds of dogs! They are running shuttles though, to my understanding.

Groups will still be at the Garden though.
It's a very long walk all the way there and windy as could be so shuttle might be best or cab. Wish I could go but doubtful apres surgery.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Bump

Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Glenda
Dog's Name: Madison, Axel and Paxton
Send a message via AIM to Madison's Mom

Gosh....wish I could be there!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: *Tammy*
Dog's Name: Chrisman's Benjamin Angelo & Marcris Sweet Dreams Emma Anjelica

I'm torn on what to do. I wouldn't be able to make the show as I did in past years. I need to be home w/Summer during the day, but could probably make the dinner. However, Erik isn't too keen on me taking the train home after the dinner by myself so late at night. I think Pat said she's staying in the city if she goes so I won't have any travel buddies. Not sure if I'll be able to make it afterall I never miss our get togethers...I'll be so bummed!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Mia's Mommy
Dog's Name: Chrisman's Princess Mia and Dazzle's Gemma Bean

It would be so nice to have a get together!! Please let me know via Facebook if you can come! We can do it at the same place last year or a different venue depending on how many people attend. XOXOXOO

Chrisman's Princess Mia and Dazzle's Gemma Bean
godiva goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement