Just finished reading "Girl with Dragon Tatoo" - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Terry
Dog's Name: Naddie, Quincy, & ( "Angel Missy" 8/11/94-7/19/05 )
Default Just finished reading "Girl with Dragon Tatoo"

I loved the book but have to say I was a bit disappointed in the ending. I don't want to say much for those who haven't read it but wondered if others who have read it were a bit disappointed too? I still had a few questions left unanswered. ( for instance the gal/mother) . Maybe I missed something.
Though will say overall I thought it was an excellent read.

Also for those who have read the other books in the series..did you like them as well as this one?

Old 01-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

I loved the whole series. Very interesting subject matter. The first book is actually my least favorite. The only reason I say that is because I found the first half of the book to be really slow. The rest of the series moves at a pretty fast pace.
lyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndy View Post
I loved the whole series. Very interesting subject matter. The first book is actually my least favorite. The only reason I say that is because I found the first half of the book to be really slow. The rest of the series moves at a pretty fast pace.
I felt the exact same way. First one dragged for literally the first half of the book then moved. The other two moved much faster and were gripping. I just saw the movie yesterday and thought it was pretty good. True to the characters and feel and I liked that Daniel Craig didn't come across Bond-ish but believable as Blomqvist. The scenery was just as I pictured and Lisbeth was too.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Did you see the Swedish version too? I haven't seen the Hollywood version yet. I just loved the Swedish Lisabeth.
lyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Quote:

I too thought that the first book moved really slow, but did pick up half way through. The other two books had me reading so quickly so that i could find out what happened next. I haven't seen either of the movies, might have to check it out this weekend.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Did you see the Swedish version too? I haven't seen the Hollywood version yet. I just loved the Swedish Lisabeth.
Yes, I saw the Swedish versions of all three. My DH liked the Swedish Lisbeth better. I think she was a stronger character. I thought they were kind of close in image and delivery.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Linda
Dog's Name: Bonnie Marie, my angel and Bellarata's Bounces with Wolves, Bounce - St. Patrick's Baby!

I read and loved all three. I think that maybe the first one moved slower to develop the characters. Saw the Swedish movies and also loved them. Lisbeth in those movies was excellent. Haven't seen the American version, although I intend to.

I was a little disappointed in the ending, too, Terry. But, it stayed true to Lisbeth's character, I guess.

Bounce, you're the joy and sparkle in my life (with the heart shaped tongue).
Bonnie, you're my sweet girl who will never be forgotten or replaced.
Bonnie's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Jasper;Dusty&Ozzy; Alvin,Winston&Angel waiting at the Bridge

I read all three books a couple of years ago, read thru them really fast because I couldn't put them down. I agree that the first was the slowest, the next two are really fantastic, so if you like the first you'll really like the second and third.

My DH and I went to see the movie and I was glad I had read the books. I whispered to him about 10 minutes in that I was glad I knew the story or I might be a little lost, but the book is ususally always better than the movie in my opinion. Maybe that's because I had read all three a while and couldn't remember exactly what happened in what book??
Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Every time these come up on my Nook, I think about reading them. Then I see something that interests me more and I begin reading that. I'll just have to quit looking around and download them. What order are they in?

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Girl Who Played with Fire
Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

I think the second one was my favorite. And I too wondered how people felt about the movie if they didn't read the book. I think it would have been hard to follow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement