Since we're talking chick lit . . . - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalyte View Post
I appreciate people sharing their favorite books-- hubby and I are going to Maui next month and since, unfortunately, I still can't be too active, I guess I'll be reading a lot. I'm definitely not complaining because I love to read, and a quiet, relaxing vacation is just as enjoyable as a busy, active one in its own way. But I'm a very fast reader, so I need to load up my Kindle Fire and I am very appreciative of suggestions!
Jackie - did you ever check the original thread in this SM Book Club forum. I had started it with Summer Reads and I really found a lot of great books, and a great variety through it. I need to load up something for my trip to CA next week.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

someone just gave me 'Visions of Sugarplums' so I will be finding out what these are all about....
Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
vjw
Maltese Guru

Thanks for recommending the Sweet Potato Queens' books, I
read "Book of Love", and "Field Guide to Men". These are the funniest books I've ever read in my life. They're a little more bawdy than I care to read, but still laughed so hard I couldn't breath through the entire books.

Anyone have suggestions for the next SPQs books to purchase? Or even other good books?

I have been receiving intravenous glammaglobulins for my immune deficiency syndrome and they knock me off my feet for a few days afterwards, so I'm getting a lot of reading done.

Joy

Last edited by vjw; 02-22-2013 at 09:29 PM.
vjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjw View Post
Thanks for recommending the Sweet Potato Queens' books, I
read "Book of Love", and "Field Guide to Men". These are the funniest books I've ever read in my life. They're a little more bawdy than I care to read, but still laughed so hard I couldn't breath through the entire books.

Anyone have suggestions for the next SPQs books to purchase? Or even other good books?

I have been receiving intravenous glammaglobulins for my immune deficiency syndrome and they knock me off my feet for a few days afterwards, so I'm getting a lot of reading done.

Joy
Joy - I'm glad you enjoyed them! The SPQ "wedding planner and divorce guide" and "god save the sweet potato queens" are favorites too. I'm glad they're helping you smile during your treatments.
Advertisement