I really hate it! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Coco from Angel Maltese and Lola from Tajon Maltese
Default I really hate it!

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I hate this new format. It's easier for me just not to post. I can't post pictures. My pics are on Photobucket, and when I tried, it was just a link. Then I was told to put them back on my puter, but I don't want to clog up my computer with pictures. Then I go to edit and rather than being able to edit a little word left out, it turns out the same or just deletes my post.

Further, I have to sign onto this forum multiple times to be able to post at all.

I've had it. It's been nice seeing all of you, getting to know many of you, but I don't have time to deal. If it gets easier, just let me know. Meanwhile, it's been fun while it lasted. I'll try to read and keep up, but I cannot stand having to sign in multiple times, etc.

Hugs to you guys,

Purchasing from backyard breeders, pet shops and puppymills only
perpetuates suffering.
Break the cycle and do some good.
Educate yourself about reputable breeders and adoption.
coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Hang in there! You'll get it.

I too use Photo Bucket.

It helps to use two windows at the same time.

At PH highlight and copy the http: I think it's the middle choice.

Come here. When you want to add a picture, click the icon at the top of the posting box(yellow with mountain) Erase the blue http that's in the line. Right click and paste your http from PH into the line.

You can also keep yourself logged in for long periods of time so you don't have to keep signing in.

At the top is a usercp tab. Look over on the left, that's where all your controls are.

There's also test area where you can practice getting the picture thing down.

If you're still having trouble, pm me and I'll help you figure it out ok. Don't give up!

Last edited by Purple-peep; 04-12-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Purple-peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Dianne
Dog's Name: CeeCee (Jacob Maltese) Rain (Bonnie's Angel)
Heart

Mary Ann.........Please don't leave, what would we do without that little girl from Texas named Coco??? I stay logged in so I don't have to do it everytime! I am so computer DUMB and I have gotten everything eventually except the siggy and I ask for help!! I know it is frustrating but please hang in there. You just have to be persistant~~~

Old 04-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brit
Dog's Name: Cosy from Bonnie's Angel Maltese
Send a message via AIM to Cosy

I have a little travel drive I keep plugged into a USB port on my laptop. I store all pics there (or anything else I want to save) and can easily load a pic from it (just choose it instead the C drive). It's pretty simple once you transfer your pics onto it, Mary Ann...really it is. As for having to sign in more than once, you must not have something checked. Honestly, it's not more difficult, just a little different. You cannot leave. We will hunt you down and find you. Haha!

Please buy from reputable
exhibitor breeders or Rescue.
Cosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

You can stay logged in all the time like in the old forum. Just don't log out of the site. There is a box you can check when you log in who asks if you want the site to remember you, put a check mark there. And don't ask your browser to clear the cookies each time you close it. This new site is not more difficult than the old one.

I haven't used photobucket until now to make a try for you, normally I download from my computer. Here is what you do, very easy : copy the Image code from the picture in photobucket and just paste it in the message box. I tried to do it through the mountain icon and it does not work, didn't for me anyway. Be careful that your image size is not too big, that might be a reason that it is not coming out.
MalteseJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paula, mommy to my Matilda and Maddie
Dog's Name: Matilda & Maddie Miss Button's and Bow's is waiting for me a Heaven's Rainbow Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeCee's Mom View Post
Mary Ann.........Please don't leave, what would we do without that little girl from Texas named Coco??? I stay logged in so I don't have to do it everytime! I am so computer DUMB and I have gotten everything eventually except the siggy and I ask for help!! I know it is frustrating but please hang in there. You just have to be persistant~~~

I also stay logged in, and I don't understand a thing about computers, I have just been playing around on the site and trying to figure it out. Don't leave
Old 04-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Abbey, Ava, Asia, and Chyna

Mary Ann, I'm the opposite of you....I HAVE to use Photobucket and hate it!!! It's so much easier for me just to upload a picture from my computer, but it won't let me because I've used up all my alloted picture space...

Other than that, it's not all that difficult. Although i do have my moments, like when i'm trying to find something and then I have to ...think - and I really hate that!!!!!

Abby, Ava, Asia, Adele and Chyna
Life is Good!!!....and keeps gettin' better!!!

To get to Ava's FB page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ava/2...9759780?ref=hl
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin), & the original...Zoe in heaven

People are making this way too hard. When using Photobucket, you no longer need to use the "Insert Image" Icon.

I'm a visual learner and thought this might be helpful.

Step #1
Have 2 tabs open within whatever browser you use. I'm using Firefox here. You can toggle back and forth really quickly and easily this way.

Step #2

Step #3

Step #4

Step #5

Step #6

Step #7
WooHoo!! Your picture should show up right where you pasted the IMG Code. It's super easy to insert captions in between photos this way too.

As for having to log in all the time, there is a box you need to have checked that says to keep you logged in. I'll do that in another photo tutorial.

Don't leave. We love you and will miss you. I'm finally able to be here again.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Is away.
Dog's Name: Darla Giselle(aka Gigi) and the beloved Imani in heaven.
Send a message via Yahoo to ilovemymaltese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal&Zoe View Post
People are making this way too hard. When using Photobucket, you no longer need to use the "Insert Image" Icon.

I'm a visual learner and thought this might be helpful.

Step #1
Have 2 tabs open within whatever browser you use. I'm using Firefox here. You can toggle back and forth really quickly and easily this way.

Step #2

Step #3

Step #4

Step #5

Step #6

Step #7
WooHoo!! Your picture should show up right where you pasted the IMG Code. It's super easy to insert captions in between photos this way too.

As for having to log in all the time, there is a box you need to have checked that says to keep you logged in. I'll do that in another photo tutorial.

Don't leave. We love you and will miss you. I'm finally able to be here again.

Good tutorial! This is exactly what I do with all photos. By the way Mary Anne, You don't have to use Modizilla, you can use any internet source.
ilovemymaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Crystal
Dog's Name: Jett & Callie (Cher-Chien's California Dreamin), & the original...Zoe in heaven

As for having to log in all the time, don't log out when you exit SM. When you log back in, have you checked the "Remember Me" box?

Also, for showing pics in a post of yours, make sure these boxes are checked in your USER CP, under the EDIT OPTIONS section of the far left side of the screen.

These 3 boxes are the ones I'm talking about

Hope this helps!