Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums - View Single Post - Need food recommendations
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 10:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
edelweiss
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

I think the hysteria over food at the moment is not well founded/documented. I was worried in the beginning too, but I did not change (I did look around). I recently had both of our pups tested to see what kind of allergies & aversions they had & I am continuing w/the same companies you used but w/more limited proteins---in line w/the results we got on the testing.

You will see that Fromm has taurine in their kibble if you look at ingredients. I did try supplementing sardine & Kitzi had a huge allergic reaction & had to be rushed to the vet. He could hardly breathe. So be careful & if you try something do it during vet hours. We almost did not make it time wise.

I can't advise you on what kind of food to use---only speak for myself. There is a lot of hype out there---check out Dr. Dodds (Hemopet) on line---she is very balanced.

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote