Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums - View Single Post - Need food recommendations
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
unicorn1098

Name: Jordan
Dog's Name: Dolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
I think the hysteria over food at the moment is not well founded/documented. I was worried in the beginning too, but I did not change (I did look around). I recently had both of our pups tested to see what kind of allergies & aversions they had & I am continuing w/the same companies you used but w/more limited proteins---in line w/the results we got on the testing.

You will see that Fromm has taurine in their kibble if you look at ingredients. I did try supplementing sardine & Kitzi had a huge allergic reaction & had to be rushed to the vet. He could hardly breathe. So be careful & if you try something do it during vet hours. We almost did not make it time wise.

I can't advise you on what kind of food to use---only speak for myself. There is a lot of hype out there---check out Dr. Dodds (Hemopet) on line---she is very balanced.
Thanks so much! It’s just so frustrating because Dolly was doing so well on the Fromm/S&C diet. I’m kicking myself for changing her now. Our vet told me that she felt it was a lot of hype too and that I could try Wellness brand... but she saw no problem in going back to Fromm, and recommended that I add some probiotics along with it.

unicorn1098 is offline   Reply With Quote