Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

A Nostalgic look back . . . .

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  edelweiss 
#1 · (Edited)
I think these photos are from about 1989---from the UK where I first got into maltese seriously. We started at at a few local shows & went on to do one big show in Windsor---we did not win anything there. Our pup was very young & had taken all the hair off the back of one of her legs (she had something inside her "gut" which was later identified & removed!
These are mostly photos from a local show where we started out in our town west of London. The last shot is from the breeder where we got our bitch----she was helping groom her at Windsor. They are not good quality as they are taken from old film (super 8) which has been in storage for about 31 yrs.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Actually I never liked showing. I am not a competitive person by nature. Still she was a lovely pup & I learned a great deal through the process. I finally got my afifx in Austria (that was a big job)!

#5 ·
Bitzi was just a baby here, and I was new to showing! I learned so much. She was a little jewel.

#8 ·
Thank you ALL for your generous compliments. I know that "compliments are to be smelled but not swallowed!" :HistericalSmiley:
I was about 44-45 here. I am not sure I would want to re-live all of those years again! But I would love to have all of my furry babies back together, for at least one day! But on the other hand, maybe not. It would be too hard to say goodbye again.

This is my youngest DD who just had our new, little g-son---she was about 10 here.

Attachments

#13 ·
Joanne, I am 1/4 Cherokee Indian!
Yes, KL was a/is a very special daughter. We are blessed! She has always been a sweetheart. Now her son, our 2nd g-son---is so much like her that we get to relive all of that joy again. We tore up our DNRs!:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.